CNET Editors' review
How many times have you tried to watch a video in Android's default player only to see the dreaded "File not supported" message? This third-party player says it can play "any" video on your smartphone. MoboPlayer adds support for some obscure formats, but doesn't nearly live up to that claim. It does rival other third-party apps for video support, though.
When you first load the app, it offers to scan your entire phone for video files. You can direct scanning toward specific folders to speed the process up. But when the app says it scans your entire phone, it definitely means it. MoboPlayer even found video apps that came packaged with gaming apps during testing. Sadly, the app doesn't always easily play every video it finds. It works with most of the formats you'd expect, though: MP4, MKV, MOV, and dozens more. It lets you create playlists on the fly and see detailed information about the video, too. You can check resolution, length, file size, and more from the same menu. The app gives you a picture-in-picture type image, but it's an eyesore more often than it is useful.
While it doesn't trump VLC and MX for features, it certainly matches them. If you've tried those and didn't like the presentation, give MoboPlayer a shot. It will play most of your videos and will give you plenty of control over them, too. It's especially useful if you like creating playlists.
From Mobo Team:
Watch any of your videos on a phone without conversion, anytime and anywhere.
Our video player supports:
- All video formats (need to choose "software decoding" mode in most cases).
- Popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA.
- Subtitles built in MKV, MPV and MOV.
- Multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles.
- Playlists and continuous play on same type files.
- Videos streamed through HTTP, RTSP protocols.
- Media libraries and sort videos by type.
- Thumbnail displays of videos.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files with this cross-platform player.
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Play popular file formats on your Android, including AVI, FLV, ...
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- Capture and create amazing videos to share across all of your f...
- Turn your Android device into the second monitor for your PC or...
- Access the mobile video search site on your Android device.
- Browse and playback content stored on your Windows PC's PowerDV...
- Capture unforgettable moments and share them with your friends ...
- HD Player is high performance, almost all formats media player ...
- Get an Android application to allow you to trim lengthy videos.
- Watch the latest music video from your favorite artists on your...
- Capture time-lapse and slow motion videos automatically.
- Provides free mobile libraries of videos on your Android device...
- Mobo Video Player, the best video player.
- Surpport Android[1.6-2.3.3]htc machine (1.6-2.3.3) test has bee...
- Play the video in various formats.
- HD video player is the easiest android phone player, has a powe...
- This is Ogg Vorbis Encoder Library for Android Developer.OggDro...
- Broadcast live video over 3G and WiFi from your Android phone.
- Easy Video Player, all popular formats supported.
- Videoder is an awesome Video Download Utility that lets you sea...
- SYBLA TV Sybla TV brings you the best Arabic and international ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Nice app to play Videos smoothly."
Version: MoboPlayer 1.3.264
Easy to Use. Has wide variety of options. Playback is excellent.
Requires more memory. Little sluggish in lower end mobiles.
Mobo player is good for android phones with ram above 512MB. You can check a complete review here : http://www.infozub.com/2013/12/Best-Android-Video-Player.html
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content