From Atomic Droplet:
MixTape is a simple, beautiful and easy to learn application for making beat matched mixes.
By simply drag dropping the music you already have in iTunes (or from the finder), MixTape adds detected tempo and beats. Tracks are then dragged onto a workspace where they now "snap to grid" along their beats and play in sync. Precisely in sync. Emphasised markers show where musical phrases start and a simple envelope adds that all important final polish to your mixes. MixTape Pro adds a "HiLo" control, dropping the bass or treble for cleaner mixes; A "live" UI where you can hear what is under the playhead at all times and a spectrogram visualises beats and phrases with better clarity then traditional waveform displays.
Mixes can then be exported at a configurable bitrate back into iTunes to play on your Mac, iPod or iPhone; or published directly onto the web with no additional accounts, services or software.
MixTape Pro adds the ability to play your mixes live through a second audio interface - simply cue up your first track, start the live stream then continue to use your headphone to mix as usual. The live stream will also emit midi so lighting or VJ rigs can be kept in sync with the music as it is played. Pro can use a 'night' colour scheme to reduce glare when playing in dark environments.
Far simpler than either an audio workstation or a DJ app, MixTape embraces the Mac aesthetic to blend in perfectly with your desktop. Finally a short series of video tutorials emphasise 'show' over 'tell' and creative commons licensed demo mixes both show what can be done and how.
What's new in this version:
- Retina graphics/
- Timing tabs can be fine tuned, and fine tuned live
- Preview window shows track length and tempo
- [Pro] Midi timing output including sync offset
- [Pro] Timer for live stream now shows time to playhead
- Many usability and 'behind the scenes' changes
More Products to Consider
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Mix audio for live events or Internet radio broadcasts.
- DJ software that works with iTunes.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Mix, add effects, and sort your music, video and karaoke files.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Professional "creativity software" for DJs, musicians, artists,...
- Digital video editing system.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Mix and analyze your digital music.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Mix and control music with an MP3 and QuickTime DJ program.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Rock the party with iTunes.
- Learn a completely new way of making music with loops.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Virtual audio patchbay.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content