CNET Editors' review
Heavy audio users and those who like karaoke need specialized programs. MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac purports to allow a number of karaoke related features, but its confusing interface and program glitches are problematic.
MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac offers a free trial version, but playback is limited to two minutes. Unlocking the full version requires payment of $25.90. The program downloaded and installed quickly, which is expected from a small application. Upon startup, the application loads into a small window, which is difficult to interpret. After searching the drop-down menus, we found a link to the developer's page for instructions. These were set up in the form of YouTube videos, which did not explain the basic functioning of the program. Much trial and error was still required to determine how the program worked even after viewing the tutorials. In terms of functioning, audio files playback well and the user has the ability to change the characteristics of the song. Windows display the sound and track levels in real time, as well as the playback time. The program also allows creation and playback of tracks only for use as karaoke songs. These features are what one would expect from this type of program. Unfortunately, the program crashed multiple times during the testing and needed to be restarted to function.
Due to the program's unclear design and failures during normal use, those seeking a karaoke application should look into other options besides MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac 2.05.
Simple and intuitive user interface for immediate use. Organize and play many types of media files, including MDC (MidiCo File Format), KAR, MID, MP3, CDG, Zipped MP3+G and synchronized MP3 ID3/SYLT-LYR. Complete control on midi tracks and professional rendering throw soundfonts. Display karaoke and movie content in full screen mode, even on a second monitor.
It allows to create a MDC karaoke song using any MP3 or MIDI file as a soundtrack. Each MDC files contains up to 2 text tracks with indipendent synchronization. MidiCo is designed to be as easy-to-use as possible, You may synchronize, re-synchronize or modify text's synchronization in few minutes. Advanced options allow you to insert credits screen, change font, display images, and more. Also, you may synchronize or modify synchronization of an Midi file and save it in standard Midi file format, synchronize or modify synchronization of an MP3 ID3/SYLT file and save it in MP3 file format.
CD+G Disk Ripper
Convert CD+G Discs or Audio CD into MP3+CDG or MP3. Easy and fast includes an advanced Error Correction algorithm to fix graphical errors on bad discs.
What's new in this version:
- CD+G Disk Ripper with advanced error correction
- Improved CD+G Display
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- RecordPad is an sound recording program for Mac OS x.
- Digital video editing system.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- MIDI and karaoke player.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Convert your music to WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG or Apple Lossles...
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Rip, mix, play & burn CD+G karaoke discs, manage rotations.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Convert WMV, AVI, MKV, HD, AVCHD MTS, M2TS, FLV and more to Qui...
- Music player with social aspects.
- Save YouTube videos in MP3 format.
- Video and data DVD burning software for Mac, also compatible wi...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create subtitles, captions, annotations.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Convert your records and tapes to CD, MP3, AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG,...
- Dynamic worship presentation.
- Tag and transcribe audio and video files.
- Professional karaoke using CD+G, LRC or KAR.
- Find missing album artwork in your music library.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content