CNET Editors' review
Heavy audio users and those who like karaoke need specialized programs. MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac purports to allow a number of karaoke related features, but its confusing interface and program glitches are problematic.
MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac offers a free trial version, but playback is limited to two minutes. Unlocking the full version requires payment of $25.90. The program downloaded and installed quickly, which is expected from a small application. Upon startup, the application loads into a small window, which is difficult to interpret. After searching the drop-down menus, we found a link to the developer's page for instructions. These were set up in the form of YouTube videos, which did not explain the basic functioning of the program. Much trial and error was still required to determine how the program worked even after viewing the tutorials. In terms of functioning, audio files playback well and the user has the ability to change the characteristics of the song. Windows display the sound and track levels in real time, as well as the playback time. The program also allows creation and playback of tracks only for use as karaoke songs. These features are what one would expect from this type of program. Unfortunately, the program crashed multiple times during the testing and needed to be restarted to function.
Due to the program's unclear design and failures during normal use, those seeking a karaoke application should look into other options besides MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of MidiCo Karaoke Player and Maker for Mac 2.05.
Simple and intuitive user interface for immediate use. Organize and play many types of media files, including MDC (MidiCo File Format), KAR, MID, MP3, CDG, Zipped MP3+G, synchronized MP3 ID3/SYLT-LYR and Karaoke Movies. Complete control on midi tracks and professional rendering throw soundfonts. Display karaoke and movie content in full screen mode, even on a second monitor.
It allows to create a MDC karaoke song using any MP3 or MIDI file as a soundtrack. Each MDC files contains up to 2 text tracks with indipendent synchronization. MidiCo is designed to be as easy-to-use as possible, You may synchronize, re-synchronize or modify text's synchronization in few minutes. Advanced options allow you to insert credits screen, change font, display images, and more. Also, you may synchronize or modify synchronization of an Midi file and save it in standard Midi file format, synchronize or modify synchronization of an MP3 ID3/SYLT file and save it in MP3 file format.
CD+G Disk Ripper
Convert CD+G Discs or Audio CD into MP3+CDG or MP3. Easy and fast includes an advanced Error Correction algorithm to fix graphical errors on bad discs.
Midi to Mp3 Converter
Allows you to convert MIDI files to Mp3 formats that you can burn on an audio CD and play on a regular CD player.
What's new in this version:
- New User Interface
- Midi to Mp3 Converter
- New Playlist Manager
- General Improvements
More Products to Consider
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Digital video editing system.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Rip, mix, play & burn CD+G karaoke discs, manage rotations.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Versatile DJ music mixer.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Create and record audio and data CDs.
- Dynamic worship presentation.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content