Meedio HouseBot is a home automation controller that uses "software remotes" to interact with the system from other Windows, Windows CE, Pocket PC, or Windows Mobile devices. The system includes native support for many hardware interfaces including X10, RS/232, modem, USB, and software devices. A drag-and-drop WYSIWYG theme designer allows custom graphical interfaces to be designed for multiple PC, touchscreen, or mobile devices. Meedio HouseBot supports the following interfaces, software, and hardware devices:
- ADI Ocelot or Leopard controller (X10 & IR)
- ADI SECU16 - Relay control / Input channel monitoring
- Device Replicator - Controls other Devices running on remote HouseBot machines
- Execute any program running on HouseBot machine
- External Control - Control HouseBot remotely from command line application
- Faroudja 2500
- Generic Serial control. Can be customized to control a wide variety of equipment attached to RS232 port
- Girder Bridge - Send event strings to Girder application
- Global Cache GC-100
- Meridian 565 - RS232 control of Meridian 565 DSP
- Modem / Phone Status - Provides call notification and caller ID information
- Nirvis Slink-e support - X10 & IR. Also provides control of CDJ application
- PowerLinc USB - X10 control
- SMTP - Sends email
- Text-2-speech (TTS) - Plays text over system sound card
- USB UIRT - IR transmit and receive
- VB Scripting - Write simple VB Script programs to enhance automation control
- WGL W800 - RF Receiver
- WinAmp 2.x - Control WinAmp 2.x application
- Windows clipboard - Send and receive data using the Windows clipboard
- X10 CM11a - X10 controller
- X10 Firecracker - X10 controller
- X10 MR26a - X10 RF receiver
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Monitor and manage various modem data logging needs.
- Create your own controllers, maps, and skins for media players.
- USB driver.
- TI_Emulators driver.
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Net driver.
- Build control projects for Vision controllers.
- Monitor status & performance of the remote (or local) modem.
- Mix songs or videos like a pro DJ using instant beat-matching, ...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Used to be top dog, now a 2nd fiddle"
Version: Meedio HouseBot 2.22
About 3 yrs ago, I spent hours trying out all the X10 control software and eventually decided that Housebot had the right mix of power and ease of use. If you're a little windows savy, you'll have no problem getting housebot to do some pretty powerful things.
In the last 2 years, this product has seen 0 development. The last version released was several years ago. It supports none of the newer X10 control systems such as the CM15A. I feel like i've been left behind and am now shopping around for another system.