CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Media Converter for Android lets you convert images, videos, audio files, and more into just about any compatible format, from PDF to MP4 to you name it. It can even convert video files to MP3s.
Media Converter's interface is as straightforward as it gets. Just launch the app, then choose one of the converter options on the Home screen: Video Converter, Audio Converter, Image Converter, Document Converter, Ebook Converter, or Archive Converter. From there, browse for your file, choose your output format, hit Convert, and watch the magic happen. The app itself actually doesn't do much converting. What it does is upload your file to a "conversion server," then download the newly converted file back onto your device. This may take several minutes in some cases, but offloading the process to remote servers keeps the app relatively light, and saves your device tons of memory. On the other hand, this lightweight app does require you to download OI File Manager to peer into your Android device's file system. While we wish it came with a built-in file manager, the extra download is not terribly huge or otherwise inconvenient.
Once your file is converted, you can share it via all the usual channels: Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, and so on. Just hit the Send/Share button to pull up your options. But be aware: if you're planning on sharing via more than one medium, do so before exiting the screen, because once you hit Convert Another File, all will be lost. If, for instance, you wanted to share a converted file after exiting, you would have to go through the conversion process again. This brings us to the big feature we think Media Converter is missing: a conversion history would be perfect for keeping track of past conversions, and even resharing files.
Overall, Media Converter is an easy, cheap way of meeting most, if not all, of your file-conversion needs. And at only $2.99, it is a fantastic download that is sure to satisfy media junkies and casual users alike.
From File Conversion:
Media Converter allows you to convert all kinds of media formats to popular media formats: mp3, mp4 (mpeg4,aac), ogg (theora, flac) , 3gp (h263, aac), avi (mpeg4, mp3), mpeg (mpeg1, mp2), flv (flv, mp3) and wav. Also audio profiles: m4a (aac-audio only), 3ga (aac-audio only), oga (flac-audio only) are available for convenience.You may also chop/clip a media file, or extract the audio to make a ring tone.You may specify the parameters including video/audio bit rate, resolution, frame rate, audio sample rate.It is easy to pick/specify the parameters with the special designed UI.Enjoy!Recent changes:0.6.1 What's new:1. Fixed: Output durations are cut for some media files.2. Improved: Can browse to root folder by return key.3. Fixed: Sometimes app force-closes when listing media files.Content rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: 0.6.1 What's new:1. Fixed: Output durations are cut for some media files.2. Improved: Can browse to root folder by return key.3. Fixed: Sometimes app force-closes when listing media files.
More Products to Consider
- Sync iTunes playlists, rate music and build playlists directly ...
- Play the video in various formats.
- HD video player is the easiest android phone player, has a powe...
- Mix and scratch 2 MP3 files on your Android device.
- SYBLA TV Sybla TV brings you the best Arabic and international ...
- Turn your phone into a wireless camera! Supports Windows, Mac a...
- Bass Booster is a native app which will allow you adjust your b...
- HiFi CD quality Sound recorder for Android. Blog Enabled.
- Search and download Songs, mp3 for free.
- Unlimited Music. Everywhere.
- Play almost any type of digital music files with Wide/Reverb/X-...
- Turn Samsung Galaxy audio files (3ga) into MP3 audio tracks.
- ## Can play and browser MP4 File on your device.## You don't ne...
- Tired of hiding files by selecting file one by one? File Hide E...
- Play audio and video files with this cross-platform player.
- Create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place.
- Bass Booster - Equalizer - Volume Booster - 10 Presets.
- ## Can play and download all MP3 Audio File on your device From...
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- Listen to audiobooks and podcasts on your Android device using ...
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Take to the skies and shoot down enemy planes.
- First HiFi CD quality sound recorder for Android. One Click Blo...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content