CNET Editors' review
Mask Surf Lite's claim to fame is that it offers users privacy while browsing the Web by providing a false IP address. However, when we put it to the test, it completely blocked us from browsing altogether.
We had to click the program's desktop shortcut several times before it appeared in our Taskbar. On several occasions, the Taskbar icon failed to appear at all. Eventually, right-clicking on the icon introduced options for changing the false IP address, as well as for performing a privacy test. Both features directed us to Web pages that weren't available. When we checked our IP address, it hadn't been changed, but we found that we were completely blocked from accessing any Web sites. The online tutorial offered during the installation process returned an error page when we tried to access it.
The program comes with a short, 15-day trial period, but we recommend that you skip this faulty browsing tool for one that offers reliable privacy protection.
Mask Surf Lite is an Internet activity tool which effectively protects your privacy by hiding or masking you identity while surfing the Web. It also lets you clean any browser traces on your computer so that your Internet activity stays anonymous on the inside as well. Mask Surf Lite is a tool, which lets anyone familiar with any Internet browser make their Internet activity anonymous in a couple of mouse clicks.
What's new in this version: Version 3.2 added support for Opera browser and fixed Firefox anonymization.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Delete browser traces and hide your identity while surfing the ...
- Surf online anonymously.
- Mask or hide your OS type, browser, and system language informa...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Hide your IP address and prevent Internet activity tracking.
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Surf the Web anonymously protecting your online security and pr...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- View HTTPS encrypted data and HTML code in Internet Explorer.
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access, keep people off your ...
- Improve your surfing experience by preventing unwanted and anno...
- Run your apps and browsers side by side with ease.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Well worth the money"
Version: Mask Surf Lite 2.5
Very easy to use and requires no network protocol knowledge. The fee is a one time expense and not an annual expense like several other services.
Not much, but it comes with very few languages but then again the text is limited.
For the current version I don't recognise the problems CNET editors had. The issues must have been fixed. Lite ed. worked better for me than Pro that had some problems with the country list. The software diligently warns, that using the TOR worldwide network slows down the surfing and thus not a fault in this software.
Version: Mask Surf Lite 2.5
None, works fine
"technical problems with software"
Version: Mask Surf Lite 2.2.3
error opening Tor file was told by Thank Soft to re-download software did not resolve issue requested refund was denied because "I did not want to fix my problem" out $25.00