CNET Editors' note: The nature of password-retrieval software makes it more likely to trigger alerts from PC security. Password-retrieval software can be used maliciously, especially if someone else has access to your computer. Take care when installing and using.
CNET Editors' review
NirSoft's Nir Sofer writes small but useful programs that do small but useful tasks for even smaller fees, usually no fee, otherwise known as "free." His Mail PassView is a compact freeware tool that recovers and displays passwords and account details for several popular e-mail clients, including Outlook and Outlook Express, Thunderbird, and Eudora. It can handle POP3, IMAP, HTTP, and SMTP accounts, depending on the particular client.
Mail PassView opened with our Outlook 2010 data displayed in its plain main view, including not only our password and account name but also server, server port, account type, profile, and more. We could drag these headers into new positions and add or remove headers as needed. We could also display grid lines, choose other options, and create, save, and e-mail HTML reports. In fact, it seems like we could do just about anything possible to do with the simple but valuable data sets Mail PassView extracts.
If you use multiple e-mail clients or accounts, you probably know that it can be hard to remember all your passwords, especially for those accounts that see little traffic. Unfortunately, those are usually the ones you really, really need when you need them. Mail PassView can help you quickly recover your password or other necessary account data for those regrettable, forgetful moments.
From NirSoft Freeware:
Mail PassView is a small password-recovery tool that reveals the passwords and other account details for the following e-mail clients like Outlook Express Microsoft Outlook 2000 (POP3 and SMTP Accounts only) Microsoft Outlook 2002 or 2003 (POP3, IMAP, HTTP and SMTP Accounts) IncrediMail Eudora Netscape 6.x o r 7.x Mozilla Thunderbird Group Mail Free Web-based email clients.
What's new in this version: Version 1.80 added support for Outlook 2013.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Recover your Outlook PST file passwords.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Recover MS Outlook e-mail accounts and PST files passwords.
- Convert AOL mail and Google Gmail into a standard mail format.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Recover your server name, login, and password in Outlook Expres...
- Recover password and e-mail account information.
- View the user names and passwords stored by Mozilla Firefox Web...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Store and recover passwords and data of e-mail or news account.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Recover password of Outlook PST files quickly and effectively.
- Recover your PST file passwords, mail account passwords, and lo...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Recover your Outlook Express passwords.
- Reveal passwords of instant messenger applications such as MSN ...
- View stored passwords by your Internet Explorer browser.
- Recover passwords from all major e-mail programs.
- Recover your network passwords.
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1