CNET Editors' review
Most PC users have gigabytes of digital images they're going to go through and resize, one by one, and display online or in an album, someday. Why not today? Magic Project's Image Resizer is a simple utility that makes a fast and easy job of resizing nearly all kinds of digital pictures, singly, in bunches, or in big batches.
Although it downloads with full setup and uninstall features, this small program needs no installation. It opens and runs directly from the downloaded executable file, which makes it completely portable; you can even carry it in your camera's memory. Magic Image Resizer's interface dialog has the Big Blue look of older Windows editions; clean, efficient, and intuitive, with File and Help menus but little else in the way of extras (or clutter). The tool itself is simple to use: browse to and select your image or images, select the resolution in pixels, set a conversion quality/speed slider, and click Resize. Images save to a specially marked folder, a feature we especially commend because it means an end to losing original image properties or making space-hogging backup copies. We also like the ability to view the original image size by double-clicking the image name, a feature that makes this compact tool ideal for Webmasters.
Magic Image Resizer's free 30-day trial version includes a nag screen, but the full version is only $10. It works in all 32-bit editions of Windows. The program leaves stuff behind when it's uninstalled. Magic Image Resizer makes quick work of resizing your images and getting them ready to post.
From Magic Project:
Magic Image Resizer is used to resize pictures in all most popular graphic formats. It resizes them in batch mode, which means that the user can select hundreds of images, select desired size and just click the Resize button. The images will keep the original aspect ratio so you don't have to worry about 'weird' sized pictures you see on some Web sites.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Resize multiple images simultaneously.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create thumbnails, resize, and convert your images.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Resize, rotate, and set a target file size for your pictures.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Resize and edit your images or screenshots in single or batch m...
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Compress images by converting them to space-saving formats.
- Resize and crop your pictures and images.
- Resize pictures quickly and easily.
- Modify and resize your images applying various graphic filters.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.