From Terry Teague:
When editing HTML it's easy to make mistakes. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a simple way to fix these mistakes automatically and tidy up sloppy editing into nicely layed out markup? Well now there is! Dave Raggett's HTML TIDY is a free utility for doing just that. It also works great on the atrociously hard to read markup generated by specialized HTML editors and conversion tools, and can help you identify where you need to pay further attention on making your pages more accessible to people with disabilities. Tidy is able to fix up a wide range of problems and to bring to your attention things that you need to work on yourself. Each item found is listed with the line number and column so that you can see where the problem lies in your markup. Tidy won't generate a cleaned up version when there are problems that it can't be sure of how to handle. These are logged as "errors" rather than "warnings". MacTidy is a standalone application for Mac OS designed to check and correct HTML and XML source. It is based on the freely available "tidy" program by Dave Raggett (), but has a graphical user interface (GUI).
What's new in this version:
- Updated the base "tidy" source code to the latest version available (01 Dec 02) for "classic" Tidy (future versions of MacTidy will use a new base "tidy" source code, called TidyLib). This version of the base "tidy" source code fixes many bugs, and adds many new features since the previous release - too many to list here.
- Output actual tab chars rather than spaces, to be compatible with versions of Tidy on other platforms.
- Add support for the Character Encoding popup me... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- OS X implementation of HTML Tidy.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- RSS & Atom newsreader with Google Reader integration.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- FTP/SFTP client.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Office suite based on OpenOffice.org.
- Check and correct HTML and XML source code.
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.