From Synium Software GmbH:
MacFamilyTree's fifth release offers an entirely new GUI a highly modern, graphical user interface that is individually configurable to your needs.
By the use of Apple's revolutionary Core Data technology it is possible to easily sift through huge databases. These may consist of information about thousands of individuals, including digitized photographic images, sound files and movies.
To achieve this, MacFamilyTree 5 has been completely rewritten with the use of the most recent development technique.
An iPhone/iPod touch client is also available from the Apple AppStore named MobileFamilyTreeWatch Demo Video
Updates from previous versions are available for $25 (US)
What's new in this version:
- Fixes in the Family Assistant (alignment improved, pictures now always show up)
- Fixes in the Web Export
- Several localization fixes
- Minor Interface improvements
- Performance of all 3D charts improved
- General stability improvements
More Products to Consider
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive mosquitoes away with your PC by playing an ultra sound.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Perform manufacturer independent OBD2 car diagnostics as well a...
- Print daily planner pages for free using a simple spreadsheet.
- Print checks from blank check stock and create pre-printed pers...
- Perform accurate, calibrated measurements from live video, stil...
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Mix your own blend of e-liquids for PG, VG, and Nicotine and fi...
- Calculate concrete quantity in U.S. or metric units and cost fo...
- Five easy steps, using seven powerful tools.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 78 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.3.8
Import/ export capabilities
Synchronisation with mobile devices
Publishing to http://www.macfamilytree.com/
Regular free updates
Can be little hard to get used to
I've been using Synium MacFamilyTree since version 6.1 in 2011 (now 6.3.8) and have never had a problem. I am a bit of a beginner and found it a little hard at the start but didn't have any problem importing a GEDCOM of a family tree I had been working on in a Windows applications.
Of particular use to me has been the version I have on my iPad which I can do work on and then come back and synchronise with what's on my iMac. It works seamlessly.
I see that others have had problems but I hav not had any of these experiences.
Upgrades have been regular and useful.
"DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.2.1
It worked until they issued an update.
Abysmal customer support.
On Wednesday 14 December 2011, I updated my MacFamilyTree software with 6.2 as recommended in software updates on my Mac (running OSX Lion). Prior to updating I was not having any trouble with MacFamilyTree; I did not ask for the update; I did not require the update. After I updated, the program crashed. I contacted the company, Synium, and sent my crash log; they did nothing.
On Friday 16 December 2011, I updated with the 6.2.1 update which they issued in order to fix the crash; it did nothing. Again I sent them the crash report.
This morning, Monday 19 December 2011, I received an email from them. They actually had the nerve to send me an update this morning called 6.2.2 which is nothing more than a new version of MacFamilyTree. They have done ABSOLUTELY nothing to help me restore the huge database I lost because of their update.
DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE. The support people clearly have no clue about what they are doing. So now I have software on my computer that is completely unusable (by the way I paid full price for it through their website). I have lost my entire family tree on my Mac, although I do have backups on my iPad and iPhone; however the backups no longer interface with the software.
"Stay away from this product"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.1b15
It hasn't formatted my hard drive...yet
Horrific customer service
Setting a simple property requires digging many levels deep, it would take forever for a person to enter the most basic information with this app.
I'd be very careful about choosing this software. The interface is clunky at best, often requiring digging 5+ levels deep just to inter a simple piece of information. There are tons of bugs and customer service is practicably nonexistent. When they do respond they lie through their teeth.
I'd highly recommend looking at the other programs in this category and steering clear of anything made by Synium.
"Reunion is better"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.1b8
No reason to switch from Reunion
"Great for Macs"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.1b2
Generally easy to use. Visually pleasing interface.
Not simple to send to non-Mac users in an editable form.
GEDCOM input not intuitive and questionable when overlaying different branches of same family.
Suits my needs. Would like to see ability to send/receive editable reports to/from other family members. Something akin to editable PDF would be great, especially at the person report level. This would resolve cross-platform problems.
"Nice program, reporting is not flexible"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.9
Very nice visually, easy to use. Can support large number of entry.
Cannot transfer data into Excel sheet for exemple, that would help to sort family that have missing info. Cannot chose what to see in report, not flexible enough.
Familytree must work on reporting.
"Good but navigation is tough. Hard to share info."
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.9
Easy entry. Captures most relevant data.
Can't send a neat picture of a tree to other family members. There should be a family tree "reader" so that others can at least view the reports and trees. I have resorted to building tree diagrams in excel or word to share information.
Best you can get for the Mac.
"Good basic genealogy program."
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.7
Good choice of viewing options.
"Intuitive enough for beginner, complete enough for pros"
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.7
The dev team constantly find new ways to use the existing data, as well as finding new ways to add to its value with timely innovative upgrades. One of those products you can really enjoy using.
None that immediately come to mind.
Fun product to use regardless of how deep you are into genealogy.
"simple software lacking in printing features."
Version: MacFamilyTree 6.0.6
Easy to input data. Easy to see different graphics
cannot customize graphic output. A real minus
Easy to use. Easy to view screen charts. Impossible to cutomize charts for printing.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content