CNET Editors' review
MIDI to MP3 Converter for Mac allows you to convert all of your super-compressed MIDI files into real audio files so they can be burned to CDs or audio programs for later playback. Because MIDIs don't technically include any audio data, they are not compatible with most music players; this app allows you to bypass that problem with relatively quick conversions at very high quality.
Installing MIDI to MP3 Converter is fairly easy to do so you can start using the app right away. Because it is a third-party app, you'll need to verify it and open it directly from your Applications menu; but once you do, you can start converting files right away. Drag and drop or open a MIDI file and then set your ID3 tags and any other settings you want to mark before pressing the "Convert" button. The entire process takes only a few seconds with even full-size MIDI files and the output sounds great, and is often of higher quality than the original MIDI. While actual audio settings are limited, the program does provide some options like reverb and tempo control, both on sliders. The interface is rudimentary, but with everything on one screen, it makes the process relatively easy to perform. With the trial version, you're limited to files of less than 60 seconds.
MIDI to MP3 Converter for Mac is an easy-to-use program that allows you to convert any MIDI files on your computer to MP3 or WAV files and it does so quickly and without many issues. Free to use with a number of trial restrictions, the app will cost $29.95 for full, unrestricted use (meaning files over 60-seconds long).
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of MIDI to MP3 Converter for Mac 7.0.
There are many situations when you may need to convert MIDI to MP3 or WAV. MIDI files are very small, but they don't contain any audio data. Thus you cannot burn them to Audio CD directly, or play them with your MP3 player. That's where MIDI to MP3 Converter becomes extremely useful.
MIDI to MP3 Converter for Mac is a tool that converts MIDI files to MP3 or WAV. It uses an intelligent conversion technique, allowing you to convert a 5 minute MIDI file in just a few seconds. It also produces high quality sound that may significantly surpass capabilities of your built-in sound card. How does it come together, high speed and excellent quality? MIDI to MP3 Converter uses SoundFonts to convert MIDI to MP3 or WAV, which greatly increases the flexibility of this tool. You can choose an appropriate SoundFont for every MIDI file, or even supply each instrument of your composition with an individual SoundFont (piano, guitar, trumpet etc.).
As MP3 files may contain very useful descriptive information called ID3 tags, MIDI to MP3 Converter has an advanced ID3 tag editor that allows setting ID3 tag information for every file converted from MIDI to MP3, as well as for a group of files.
The program also offer a number of sound effects. It is possible to set tempo, reverb and chorus effects.
MIDI to MP3 Converter supports Drag&Drop, which means that you can simply drag and drop MIDI files that have to be converted to MP3 or WAV, and hit "Convert".
MIDI to MP3 Converter automatically detects your system's language and uses it for displaying controls, messages and other details.
Try MIDI to MP3 Converter now! Convert your MIDIs to MP3 to play them in your portable MP3 player, or convert MIDI to WAV to burn an Audio CD.
What's new in this version:
- Added a feature to soften abrupt endings of MIDI files (no 'cut off' feeling at the end) in the MIDI to MP3 Converter for Mac.
- Fixed some bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Batch convert MIDI files to a number of formats.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Take breaks while using a computer for extended periods of time...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Versatile DJ music mixer.
- Application to play & remix mp3s like a DJ.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Note training utility for use with MIDI keyboard.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Play an enhanced version of a classic puzzle game.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1