iRC is a Cocoa-based IRC client with many features, including DCC, nick completion, multiple servers, a graphical user interface, AppleScript support and so on.
iRC attempts to provide a simple, clear interface, usable by any Mac user, while still providing enough options that the experienced IRC user can find their way around and customise it how they like. To this end, all of the colours can be altered, along with fonts and the overall transparency of the window. Plugins can be implemented in both AppleScript and Objective C, allowing for integration with other applications and further automated use. Plugins can even alter the way the text appears, allowing for an iChat-like interface or for words to be filtered, links harvested and so on.
Using a simple list of servers, below which appear channels, queries and DCCs, you can quickly and easily see what activity is happening where. Using highlights, iRC can signal you that someone is talking about you or a subject you're interested in in a channel you're on. Alternatively, a tab-based view allows items servers, channels and so on to be listed along the top or bottom of the screen.
File transfers, including resume, are fully supported, and can be initiated quickly and simply by using drag and drop to the user on a channel you want to send to. DCC chat is also provided to allow direct communication between computers.
What's new in this version:
- Further work on bugs
- Experimental Universal binary to support Intel-based Macs
- Auto-reconnect now delays between retries
More Products to Consider
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Convert your music to WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG or Apple Lossles...
- Save YouTube videos in MP3 format.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Digital video editing system.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix audio, video, and karaoke.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Easily upload images from Aperture to a variety of remote serve...
- User account management program.
- Scripting suite for Ircle.
- Cocoa FTP/SFTP client with several power user options.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Easy-to-use IRC client.
- Quality IRC & SILC client with style.
- Run Unix shell commands when terminal use is not required with ...
- Store and share files on remote servers, chat with other users.