From Mirko Viviani:
Lyn is a lightweight and fast image browser and viewer.
Lyn natively supports all popular image formats like JPEG, TIFF, JPEG 2000, PNG, PPM, TGA, RAW, HDR, OpenEXR animated GIF and any other image format supported by Mac OS X.
- Progressive display on single or multiple monitor configurations
- Load images of virtually any size
- Multi-threading to take advantage of multicore CPUs
- Embedded profiles or color spaces specified in the Exif or Makernote section
- Compatible with High Dynamic-Range images like TIFF float as well as Radiance and OpenEXR
- Common metadata parser: Exif, Camera\'s makernote, Gps, GeoTIFF, IPCT
- Image navigation with Apple Remote Control
- Fullscreen and slideshows
What's new in this version:
- Implemented image viewer in browser window
- Implemented strip thumbnail view
- Enabled multiple images printing from browser window
- Fixed crash with malformed Exif section
- Enabled "Hide unknown formats" menu on Tiger
More Products to Consider
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Take screenshots (selected area, or full screen), edit and uplo...
- Find and remove duplicate photos or similar pictures.
- Turn your photos into beautiful greeting cards in a few clicks.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Beats iPhoto by miles"
Version: Lyn 1.2.15
- Needs only 50MB on disk (compared to iPhotos 260MB).
- Spares 50% disk space for photo files compared to iPhoto (if you have 5GB photo files, iPhoto makes them 10GB in the end, while Lyn just shows your files as what they are = no increase).
- You can store and organize your files in folders how you like and where you like. (iPhoto splits them into bunches of unknown badly organized folders you have no control over what it does).
- Supports most cameras RAW format natively.
- Looks and works nicely
- Supporting and displaying .MOV movies would be nice too, but of course Lyn is about photos, not movies, therefore I can live without it.
Lyn is simply the best Image Browser and Organizer I've ever seen. I have tried about everyting I could find. Most have too much whistle and bells without delivering the essential. While Lyn looks clean and nice and simple and has all I need for an image browser.
"A nice simple picture browser."
Version: Lyn 1.0b27
Browses your pictures directly from the folders in which you organized the pictures listed in a sidebar. Various viewing options including slideshow. Complete EXIF data are displayed.
No possibility for even simple editing.
Simple and easy to understand. No importing and sorting. You organize your pictures as you like into folders and these are used as such.A sidebar lists the complete content of your HD (internal as well as external) Clicking a folder displays its pictures in any of 4 different ways: a strip where you can select the picture to be displayed in a larger format; icons (adjustable size); by name (with thumbnails) and as a slide show (viewing time not adjustable). The complete EXIF data of each picture are displayed in a right sidebar (optional).
Individual pictures can be deleted, rotated or flipped but there are no editing tools.
"Works very well."
Version: Lyn 1.0b7
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Gave some feedback to Mirko on a slide show issue and he fixed it fast. Looking forward to the new features as it's updated. This image viewer works better than any free ones I've tried. Would like to see drag and drop for rearrangement of thumbnails. Thanks again for this.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content