From Ferhat Balaban:
Log Alerter watches your log files for specified keys. When an alert is found, it can send e-mail, open a program or play a sound. Log Alerter is a program especially for people who are responsible from their company's security. It is designed as an Intrusion Detection System for web servers, but can be used as a log analyzer to find the critical words or phrases in log files.
It supports IIS log formats but it can be used with any log format by specifying the log delimeter used in the log file. This makes Log Alerter more flexible to work with any log format. Also Logging, Reporting and Printing sections make Log Alerter more user friendly.
Especially web servers which are secured by service packs, pathces, firewalls or other protection systems can not prevent intrusions. Every day a new hole is found and we must always follow the latest patches in order to keep our servers secure. However, there is not a patch for a hole everytime or patch for that hole can be released too late. Log Alerter gives alert when an intrusion is detected whether or not the patch is installed. This gives you the chance to make the appropriate action immediately. My suggestion is, follow the latest patches and service packs and take the necessary precautions all the time and use Log Alerter to make sure you're really safe.
Log Alerter can also be used to analyse your log files and to create useful reports from your logs. This is a cumbersome job if you don't have a tool lile Log Alerter. Because there are thousands of lines to investigate.
There is no such tool around that works as an alerter and analyzer. This tool is a complementary security and analysis tool that you should own.
What's new in this version: - Detect todays' log file from the selected log directory. - Suports IIS log formats. - Define a log delimeter for unknown log formats. - Log file check time can be defined in seconds. - Alert key list - Detection of home network. - Execute a program, file or open a web page. - Sends e-mail by sending a request to web page. - DNS Lookup - Saving results to HTML, TEXT , EXCEL or WORD. - Automatic Logging can be enabled. - Printing results.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Create diagrams of your network infrastructure and use these di...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Remotely execute a non interactive command or program.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Tool to easily refresh Palace server props.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Automatically format outgoing email.