Editors' Note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
LinkedIn Pulse offers a streamlined UI and smooth reading experience that make it one of the mobile world's favorite news reading apps, but you will need to create a LinkedIn account in order to save and share articles and comment on them.
Looks and feels fantastic: LinkedIn Pulse sports an elegant interface that features gorgeous icons and responds to intuitive swiping and scrolling controls. News is categorized by channels, under which you'll find hot headlines displayed as attractive image thumbnails that you can effortlessly swipe through.
Highly customizable: You can select every channel and news source you want to follow, change the reading window background color to dark or light, increase or decrease the font size, and, through Settings, change content refreshing options such as background refresh frequency or Wi-Fi refreshing only, so that the app won't burden your connection.
Integrated channels: This app makes it easy for you to discover the best content sources for every topic imaginable from politics to gaming by featuring integrated channels that you can easily follow with a tap.
Forces LinkedIn log-in: You can read content without a LinkedIn account, but in order to enjoy some of the app's most useful features, like saving favorites, sharing interesting articles, commenting, or syncing sources across devices, you need to register. With this version you can't log in with your former Pulse ID, nor access your past sources and personal settings; your old data is basically gone.
Imageless thumbnails: While most news items on the home page feature an image, some don't, either because the original article lacks one, or the app fails to load it -- the empty thumbnails spoil an otherwise colorful interface.
LinkedIn Pulse continues to provide an excellent interface for digesting news and other content from any source on the Web, whether you're at home or on the go, on a tablet or a smartphone. However, this version's requirement for a LinkedIn account may not be to everyone's liking.
Pulse by LinkedIn is the professional news app tailored to you. This Apple Design Award-winning app allows you to customize your news reading experience, easily explore compelling professional content, and share stories to your favorite social networks. Sign in with your LinkedIn account to sync what you're already following, save articles, and join the conversation.
Get up to speed in one news feed: get Pulse.
- Easily browse thousands of trusted sources, from major publications and LinkedIn Influencers to blogs and beyond
- Discover insightful content from Pulse's comprehensive catalog of thousands of sources. New and noteworthy publishers and Influencers each week
- Customize feeds based on your interests to get fresh, personalized content delivered daily. You can also directly import your Reader RSS feeds
- Share with your favorite networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, and Tumblr
- Sync your sources. When you login with LinkedIn you ensure that what you follow and save is available on all your devices. Saved stories can also be sent to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper, or Readability
- No Internet? No problem. Pulse effortlessly loads the stories you read so they're ready whenever and wherever you are
- A new streamlined reading experience and simplified navigation make it even easier to discover compelling professional content.
- Sign in with your LinkedIn account to easily save, discover and share with your professional network. Discuss what's trending with millions of professionals worldwide
- Your content, everywhere. Sign in with LinkedIn and the app will deliver articles from channels you follow on the site and people in your network.
What's new in this version:
- bug fixes