From Neon Software:
LANsurveyor is proven, network and desktop management software. LANsurveyor makes it easy to map, manage, and report on your entire network. LANsurveyor is unique because it provides four essential functions in one cost-effective application: automatic network maps, asset management reports, network monitor, and remote administration and distribution. LANsurveyor generates a map of your network automatically using several different methods, including ICMP (ping), NetBIOS, and SNMP. Maps can be printed or exported for display or editing in Visio or other editing programs.
Version 9.5 supports a Repository to collect information from workstations and servers running the Neon Responder client software and store the data on a regular basis in a database.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Scan the Web content and local files.
- Track hardware and software installed on network computers.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Manage NTFS permissions on Windows file servers.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"There is better software for free"
Version: LANsurveyor 10.0
Does automatic scan of your networks, alerts for changes.
This product is basically End Of Life, due to their Orion product. But they continue to sell this, for some reason. don't buy it.
When I first bought this software it showed great promise. Solarwinds bought this from Neon and develpment has essentially stopped. They are not fixing bugs, nor providing updates. But they will gladly send you a bill for "maintenance". When I paid the last maintenance I did it on the promise they would provide an update. They even wasted my time coming up with a requested feature list. They lied. At this point their client-side software (the only thing that makes this worth purchasing) does not work with Win 7 and they can't/won't say if or when it will come out. You can get an open source product, "HeyDude" that does more for free.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content