Kidwidget provides a fun and safe environment for families and children of all ages. While keeping your kids in a secure environment, Kidwidget offers a variety of educational and entertaining activities.
Kid-Safe and Secure:
- With Kidwidget, Parents are in charge. This software cannot be quit without your special "Parent Password", which is set by you (The Parent).
- Any of Kidwidget's built-in features can be disabled to offer a completely personalized experience for your family.
- Parents can easily control the use of Printing. Especially handy for younger kids that seem to greatly enjoy seeing paper fly out of your printer rather quickly.
Tons of Built-In Tools:
- Many educational and entertaining tools are included to keep your children busy. Major features include Writing, Drawing, Painting, and Flashcards. Other helpful tools include a Calculator, kid-safe filtered Dictionary, Notepad, Calendar, Clock, and more. Of course, there are built-in games and a musical piano (With over 125 instruments to choose from!) to keep them entertained.
- Perfect homework companion.
- Any of the above tools can be turned on/off by the parent at anytime using your special Parent Password.
- Your children's files are completely separated from your normal computer's files, meaning that they can't edit, delete, or even view any of your files (Or the Internet). Your files, and your children are safe with Kidwidget.
What's new in this version:
- New Quartz Extreme acceleration & Core Image effects (Mac OS X 10.4 or later required for these extra features).
- Dictionary phrases updated.
- Clock and Notes issues fixed.
- Webcam button (If enabled in Parent Preferences) should now only appear if an Apple iSight or compatible camera is connected.
- Other small fixes and improvements. Including many speed optimizations that should allow older Macs to run Kidwidget better; most likely in lar... See all new features »