CNET Editors' review
KidZui seems like a kiddified browser with social networking rolled in. Children can find their favorite YouTube videos, rate content using tags, and share opinions with other KidZui friends, all from a colorful interface with big buttons and labels. KidZui is anything but a standard kids' browser, though, and what makes it so unique is precisely why it's such a safe tool for children.
KidZui is a closed system, not filter-driven, so all content that's available has been approved by editors into a whitelist database. Kids can explore the Internet by using the search/URI bar, or search by a left-nav sidebar that's organized by topics including science, movies and TV, games, sports, and animals. Just below the search bar are three tabs, for Web browsing, photos, and video. The latter two work much like Google's Image and Video searches, where you type what you're looking for into the URI bar, and the tab automatically narrows it down to the specific type of content you want.
Parental registration is required before your child can create an online identity. Kids can customize their avatars to a limited degree in the free version, with more options available via upgrading. Free KidZui is fully functional, but the paid upgrade definitely offers more. Among the additions, children get more content rating tags, more avatar clothing, and more backgrounds, while parents get the ability to block individual sites, can view an unlimited history of the child's browsing, and can force-add sites to their children's favorites list.
KidZui offers kids one of the safest methods we've seen to use the Web, while parents get the peace of mind that their children are learning and having fun while remaining the final arbiter of the Internet experience.
Expand your kids online experience with KidZui, the Internet for kids. KidZui is a graphical Web browser designed just for kids with access to over a million kid-friendly Web sites, pictures, and videos. Real parents and teachers review content for KidZui so your kids can surf independently. Kids build avatars to express themselves online while earning points for exploration and discovery.
Version Mac 3.1 includes unspecified updates.
What's new in this version: Version 3.1 includes unspecified updates.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Record all of your keyboard activities as well as language spec...
- Perform surveillance on your PC in a covert manner.
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Monitor every keystroke on your system.
- Record keystrokes, visited web sites, and screenshots of all PC...
- Watch videos, shows, and movies from Web sites such as Hulu, CB...
- Protect children from pornographic content on the Web.
- Monitor user activity remotely and stealthily.
- Browse internet safely and protect your kids against Internet i...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content