CNET Editors' review
KidLogger for Mac lives up to its name, providing effective and diverse tools for monitoring the activity on a computer. Even though it is clear that the program is put together by a tech-savvy developer, the primary user of this program will likely be a parent, so it may need a few improvements in the user interface.
KidLogger for Mac downloads and installs easily enough, although a navigation function on the tile bar would be a nice addition. The program provides several different options for the user, including recording keystroke logs, taking Webcam and screenshots at user-specified intervals, and recording file movement and downloads. It also records time spent on the computer and a list of applications that were used during that time. The options menu includes a few useful features, including password protection, location tracker for the laptop or smartphone, and a function that allows users to specify keywords that will create automatic screenshot captures. It also includes the capability to access an online drop box where all of the logs are stored. The one drawback is the log, itself, as it's not extremely well explained. The screenshots and Webcam shots are certainly easy enough to see, as are files and drives inserted, but the keystroke log doesn't appear in a very readable format, and may require some technical expertise to decipher.
KidLogger for Mac could be ideal for a company that wants to monitor employee computer activity, but for the average parent monitoring children it may be a bit too technical. The interface is a bit too sparse and poorly explained to be easy for amateur computer users; but on the whole, the program functions exactly as it ought to. Once you know your way around the app, it is a very effective tool.
KidLogger is a user activity monitoring for Mac. This is a new generation monitoring software that allows to easily monitor few Windows and Mac computers and view user activity logs online. Records many Mac events like: screensaver start, desktop lock and unlock, user login and logoff, shutdown. Makes screenshots periodically. Record all typed keystrokes.
What's new in this version: 10.9 support. Coordinates tracking. Easy connect to account on kidlogger.net . User photo image
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Our free Antivirus for Mac keeps you safe from all the latest M...
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Recover your stolen Mac.
- Log keystrokes, passwords, IM chats, visited websites, take scr...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protect your privacy. Stop companies from tracking your browsin...
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Record all keystrokes & passwords invisibly.
- Make Any Internet Connection Truly Private with the Original Hi...
- Create picture masks for icons.
- Organize, manage and edit your Icons.
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Strongly encrypt important data and personal info.
- Create a repository of your documents.
- Fight malware that threaten your security on your Mac and iPhon...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Assemble a series of images into a Quicktime movie file quickly...
- Visual surveillance software tracks unauthorized logins to you...
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"BETA! Functions fail!"
Version: KidLogger 1.1
free screenshot emailing.
Does not email keylog Not even in paid version
The ONLY thing that works is screenshot email to kidlogger.net with free account.
Reports and other unless info that does NOT include keylogging requires paid membership.
Membership costs a SUBSCRIPTION so you will forever be paying for this.
Avoid this beta junk. Typos in a production product that lures you with "free" and "keylogging" but fails.
Keylogs only available on the computer this is installed on.
Just get something with a one time cost.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content