JourneyCast lets you easily share your location with whomever you want. No registration or friend requests needed. Whenever you want, you can broadcast your movements to a secret web page. You then share this page only with the people you want to see your journey.
How can JourneyCast be used?
* You're stuck in traffic on the way to meet your friends at a happy hour in the city. Broadcast your journey so they'll know when to expect you.
* You're road-tripping down to visit your folks and want to give them a "live feed" of how close you are.
* You're backpacking around the wilderness and want to log notes about your trip. Your friends stuck in the office will get to follow you on your adventure.
* The people you broadcast to don't need JourneyCast, or even an iPhone. JourneyCast creates ordinary webpages of your journeys that anyone can view (anyone you want to, that is).
* With the GPS in iPhone 3G, you can log your movements without an internet connection (this is very useful when in the wilderness, often away from cell towers). Next time you are online, JourneyCast will automatically sync all of your posts.
* You can turn on auto-updates and your location will be logged every few minutes. This is handy, for example, if you are in a car and just want to "set it and forget it."
What's new in this version:
* Improved interface.
* You no longer need to worry about disabling iPhone's auto-lock. JourneyCast will now stay awake automatically when you are auto-posting! (You still have to avoid pressing the power button on the top of your iPhone, however.)
* You can now control the frequency of your auto-posting by going to JourneyCast in the Settings app.