When I started ScreenRecycler I thought that there are enough VNC clients out there to support it. When the program started to get useful I realized that the VNC clients available on the Mac were pretty slow and people were complaining about the speed of ScreenRecycler. I was using VNCThing at the time which proved to be acceptable on PPC Macs but does not run on Intel Macs. Without a proper viewer people can't access ScreenRecycler in a way I imagined. So I started programming JollysFastVNC to enable people using ScreenRecycler.
As I got a few mails about the VNC capabilities of JollysFastVNC I decided to enhance the program to be a fully functional VNC client. It's still in the early stages of development, even though somewhat usable and fast as you can see here.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed OpenGL shaders for Intel GMA cards. ( Black screen on connect issue ).
- Changed the order of login types ( VNC now always the first choice ).
- Serverlist selects first server in list on startup again.
- Changed inital connection read timeout from 5 to 30 seconds. This prevents disconnecting too early on slow servers.
- Fixed empty ssh passphrase in keychain problem.