From St. Clair Software:
Jettison eliminates the hassle of manually ejecting external drives before you put your MacBook to sleep. Why do I need to eject hard drives before unplugging them? You risk losing data if you don't. OS X doesn't write information to the drive immediately - it often caches it to make operations faster. If you unplug a drive without first ejecting it, OS X may not have a chance to actually write that data to the drive. Jettison makes that sound to let you know that it couldn't eject one of your drives. We chose to use a sound because the lid on your MacBook may already be closed, so you might not see a regular error message. When you hear this sound, you'll have to open your computer back up and quit whatever application is using that drive so it can be ejected. With Jettison, you just close your MacBook, unplug and go.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.4 includes the following improvements:
- If your speakers are muted, Jettison will unmute them, play its confirmation sound, then mute them again. Note that confirmation sounds still do not work on Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- If you have a copy of Jettison purchased from the Mac App Store in your Applications folder, this version of Jettison will recognize you as a registered user. To take advantage of this, run the new version of Jettison once BEFORE you copy ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Multifunctional utility for Mac OS X.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Versatile file search tool based upon Apple's powerful Spotligh...
- Make simple changes to a single object, and then repeat those c...
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Synchronize and back up your files/folders.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Search for, uninstall applications and more.
- Entourage support for iSync, iCal, AB, mobile devices.
- Manage system and user services on your Mac.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Convert Address Book contacts to pine/alpine format.
- Customize and bind your keyboard.
- Simple and quick Japanese-English dictionary.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Command-line 2D and 3D plotting utility.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content