CNET Editors' review
We see a lot of photo conversion programs, and most of them are of approximately the same quality, neither outstanding nor awful. JPG/JPEG Photo Converter is another such program, solidly in the middle of a pack of programs that neither impress nor disappoint.
The program's interface is quite basic, consisting of one screen that contains all of the program's features. This application does allow for a fair amount of customization, and is perhaps a bit more feature-intensive than other photo converters. Users can set the output width and size, adjust the quality, and rotate and flip the image. The program also allows users to add text to an image, including options to adjust the position, size, color, and font. Everything about the program is intuitive, and the program's built-in Help file, though brief, is adequate. Perhaps our only complaint about JPG/JPEG Photo Converter is to be found within its name; although it handles a wide variety of source file formats, all roads lead to JPEG. We've seen similar programs that offer more options for output formats, and in that regard, this program is a bit of a one-trick pony. But users who find themselves needing to convert images to JPEG and JPEG only will find that this program meets their needs just fine.
JPG/JPEG Photo Converter is free to try, but the trial version puts a watermark on its output. The program installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
JPG/JPEG Photo Converter is a wonderful tool to convert many photo formats such as BMP, GIF, PNG, TIF, ICO, EXIF, WMF, EMF to JPG/JPEG file with some useful parameters changed. It resizes the original photo's width or height, and has a convenient proportional calculator to keep aspect ratio on a fly. It controls JPEG compression quality so as to change the photo file size. It can rotate or flip photo, add the your favorite text or watermark to photo. It also converts a frame of animated photo to a jpg file.
What's new in this version: All limitations for x86 version removed.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Convert many PC video formats to a DVD.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Convert and modify batches of image files in different format.
- Resize and batch convert your photos between formats.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Wrap JAR files into binary files for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Convert images between eight standard formats (bmp, exif, gif, ...
- Convert PDF documents into PowerPoint, PostScript, JPEG, TIFF, ...
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Encode and decode file, text, string.
- Compress, optimize, and convert your digital photos in batch.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1