CNET Editors' review
The name might not be the most creative, but the Internet Download Manager does exactly what it promises: helps you download and organize files. The best part is that you can schedule downloads and use filters to get the specific files you want.
The compact interface is packed with options, but the main features are easily accessed from a toolbar at the top. We would have liked to see a bit more user guidance up front, but a tutorial does cover the basics, and there is a more detailed Help file if you get stuck. You can also go the easier route with the program's integrated Web browser options, which work with nearly all of the most popular browsers, including Internet Explorer and Firefox. Each time the program recognizes a video in FLV format on a site like YouTube, you'll see a button, and it's one click and you're off and running. From the main interface, all you have to do is add the URL for a video to get started. A new window shows you the status and allows you to pause the recording and set up a few options for what to do with the file once the download completes. As advertised, the speed was good and we didn't have any issues with test files we downloaded, which included MP3s, FLVs, and MPEGs. Our favorite feature was the scheduler, which was easy to set up and lets you choose where and when the program will download files. We especially liked the fact that if you lose your Internet connection, the program will resume downloading your selected or scheduled files once everything's up and running again.
The download and installation of IDM was easy and fast, and it uninstalled cleanly. If you're looking for a program that you can basically set and forget to video downloads, this is a good option.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Internet Download Manager 6.12 build 15.Internet Download Manager - Speed up your downloads - Download Video Previews:
Internet Download Manager is a tool for increasing download speeds by up to 5 times, and for resuming, scheduling, and organizing downloads. The program will resume unfinished downloads due to network problems, or unexpected power outages. The program features a full-fledged site grabber that downloads files that are specified with filters, for example, all pictures from a Web site, different parts of Web sites, or complete Web sites for offline browsing. The program supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and MMS protocols, and has an adaptive download accelerator for MP3 audio, FLV and MPEG video files. The program also features Download Panel for IE, Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers that appears on top of a web-player and can be used to download flash videos from sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Videos, and others. It integrates into Opera, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Firefox, MSN, AOL, Google Chrome, and into any application that uses FTP, or HTTP protocols. Internet Download Manager fully supports Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7.
Version 5.16 adds the possibility to resume downloads for sites that use temporary download addresses or when download addresses expire
What's new in this version: 1. Completely remade the logic of download resume feature and added the possibility to resume downloads for sites that use temporary download addresses or when download addresses expire 2. Added the possibility to select a queue when you press on OK button on "Download all links with IDM" dialog and when you press on "Download Later" button on "Download file info" (start download) dialog 3. Added a link to the page where download was taken over from a browser to "File Properties" dialog 4. Made ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Download video from Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebook, and other sites ...
- Flash Player preview version with new video hardware accelerati...
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
- Navigate the Internet using browser with powerful search, shari...
- Surf the Web with an immersive browser for Windows 7 and Vista.
- Download YouTube video from your browser with one-click.
- Protect your privacy and defend yourself against network survei...
- Surf internet in a fast, light, and safe browser.
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Detect trackers and control their ability to view your online b...
- Explore the Web in a safe and secure way.
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout while shop...
- Open, download, or view Adobe Acrobat files as PDF or HTML file...
- Manage and organize your RSS feeds and TV Shows.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1,860 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The best download manager in net"
Version: Internet Download Manager 5.16
This tools give me more speed than another.Even I used phone moden with speed 2-10kbps,it's still working
I have no idea about this
Just like my upper comments before...,my be next time..IDM not just giving a trial version only but IDM give some freeware programs but surely not like the shareware.This make IDM spread out the world,especially Indonesian costumers:).Thank's for IDM
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content