CNET Editors' review
IntelliCustomResumes allows users to create resumes that are customized for particular job descriptions. Or at least, that's what it's supposed to do. We're not entirely sure it does much of anything.
IntelliCustomResumes operates on the premise that keywords in a job description should also appear in one's resume, which is a pretty standard bit of wisdom when applying for jobs. We liked the idea of a program that could help users make their resumes more relevant, but if our experience is any indication, the program isn't much help. The interface is plain and not particularly attractive, and though some features are intuitive--each step is represented by a numbered button--others are not. Users paste their existing resume into one box and the description of the position that they're applying for in another. In the third step, the program is supposed to create "an intelligent custom resume" based on the user's resume and keywords in the job description, but we couldn't detect any difference between the so-called custom resume and our original resume. The program then allows users to view a list of unmatched keywords, which can be added manually to their resumes; that's nice, but we didn't need a piece of software to do it for us. Overall, the program did not seem to be particularly useful; users would be better off customizing their resumes on their own.
IntelliCusotmResumes has a 30-day trial period. The program comes as a ZIP file and though it installs politely, it leaves a folder behind upon removal. We do not recommend this program.
Software identifies keywords from target job description while creating resume. Software stores unlimited bullet points for past Jobs and automatically matches to target job description. Software uses proprietary matching algorithm to list missing keywords and option to include them. Software automatically creates a custom resume in MS Word using intelligent matching. IntelliCustomResumes allows to maintain an ongoing list of accomplishments even when not looking for a job. Software increases keywords matches in recruiters database.
What's new in this version: Version 1 added a sample resume for beginners.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Track your work hours.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Track billable and non-billable hours as well as recurring expe...
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Create and track Internet marketing and direct mail with variuo...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Customize and build an Internet Explorer bar tailored to your c...
- Compose your own ringtones.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create CD covers with images, track information, text, times, a...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Create rich complex digital tones and sound effects.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Create your custom business card and full size CDs that share t...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Create your own custom hatches in AutoCAD.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Track how much time you spend on different projects and tasks.
- Keep your notes, ideas, and other information.
All versions:0 stars Be the first to review this product
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1