System administrators are well aware of the threat of viruses and malware on a server. While malware on a client computer can damage files on that computer, and eventually propagate throughout a network via files that are emailed or sent over a network, a virus on a server could damage all the computers on the network. Viruses on a file server that don't affect the server itself, if it is running a different operating system from client computers, can still propagate as users copy files to their computers. Beyond viruses, many types of malware, such as worms and Trojan horses, can infect servers, potentially granting remote access to malicious users. VirusBarrier Server 3 protects Mac OS X servers, ensuring that infected files that get onto them don't go any further. VirusBarrier Server 3 protects against not only Mac viruses, but also Windows viruses, Word and Excel macro viruses, and Unix and Linux viruses. VirusBarrier Server 3 also provides network protection, with a powerful two-way firewall, and contains features that block network attacks. VirusBarrier Server 3 automatically scans every file that is copied to a Mac OS X Server computer where it is installed, as well as any files that are launched on the server. If it finds viruses, the infected files are quarantined, and administrators can determine which actions to take. VirusBarrier Server 3 can also be set to run scheduled scans of both local and network volumes. VirusBarrier Server 3 also offers full protection for all e-mail that is sent or received via Mac OS X Server's built-in e-mail server. It automatically scans all e-mail messages that pass through the server, checking e-mails for infected attachments. If it finds malware, the e-mails carrying them are quarantined, and notifications can be sent to administrators informing them of this activity. VirusBarrier Server 3's Antivandal offers a number of powerful tools to prevent network attacks, such as ping floods, intrusion attempts, port scans and more. Administrators can use the program's Blocked Address and Trusted Addresses lists to blacklist and whitelist specific IP addresses or ranges.
What's new in this version: This update improves overall stability and addresses some unusual situations.
More Products to Consider
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Easy-to-use protection from viruses, Trojans and worms. Quarant...
- Firewall with full logging capabilities.
- Fight Mac and Windows malware that threaten your security.
- Anti-malware and data protection.
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Make use of the standards based PPTP and L2TP VPN server instal...
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Use this client/server version control system for CodeWarrior.
- Create and edit Web documents remotely.
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Organize & track domain names, sync expirations to iCal, monito...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- Convert text files to PDF format.
- Get an advanced all-in-one Internet security suite.
- Enables the standards-based VPN server built into Mac OS X.
- MacKeeper is like 911 for your Mac.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content