CNET Editors' note: Beta or prerelease software is not intended for inexperienced users, as the software may contain bugs or potentially damage your system. We strongly recommend that users exercise caution and save all mission-critical data before installing and/or using this software.
From Perceptive Automation:
More Products to Consider
- Create a media database containing all your collections.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Drive mosquitoes away with your PC by playing an ultra sound.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Print daily planner pages for free using a simple spreadsheet.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Receive alert notifications on natural phenomenon.
- Manage movies, TV series, or collection of actors.
- Monitor user PC activity over Internet using your web browser.
- Watch videos, shows, and movies from Web sites such as Hulu, CB...
- Track the movies you have seen and manage your video collection...
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Wish it lived up to its claims"
Version: Indigo 6.0b1
Control everything from your imac, iphone, or ipad
It doesn't do what it claims
I've been trying to make the Indigo and Insteon system work since 2006. Every one of my Insteon devides has failed at least once, and some are on their 4th failure. For each failure, you have to delete the failed device and all the links that are created in each and every other Insteon device, which can get amazingly tedious with more than a couple devices.
When you delete a device in Indigo, you get a popup message that this will delete all links associated with the device as well. Not true. All the links stay there and now become non-editable "unknown devices" that interfere with proper operation. Then, the only way to remove those links is to do a factory reset of each and every Insteon device that includes those links.
And just in case this isn't enough to discourage you from using this technology, I bought a new lamp dimmer to replace yet another failed one, and got the error message that I now have to pay to upgrade my version of Indigo. After doing so, I then got another error message that I had to upgrade my hardware as well, so it's still not working.
This software and hardware remains bug-ridden and sloppy and extremely time-consuming. Really tired of giving you people the benefit of the doubt, because you just don't live up to any of the claims you make for ease of use or functionality. Watch your back, because your competitors will quickly trample you in this day and age.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content