CNET Editors' review
When we first downloaded IDPhotoStudio, we figured that, based on its name, it would be a program that helps users capture and edit images to be used on photo IDs. Apparently, our expectations were too high. We can't really imagine any circumstance under which IDPhotoStudio would be useful; although it works, we're just not sure what the point is.
The program's interface is basic and easy to figure out, simply because the program doesn't have many features. Users load a photo, then select the size they want to use from a drop-down menu that has sizes listed alphabetically by country. For example, the United States is 2x2. We assume that these are the standard passport photo sizes for the countries listed, which is nice, but if you want to print an image in dimensions not on the list, you're out of luck. IDPhotoStudio doesn't have a cropping feature, so users must make sure that the original photo is appropriately cropped and has the correct aspect ratio. Users then select how many copies of the image they want to print on a single page, up to 20. We know that passport applications require multiple copies of the applicant's photo, but 20? We wondered if there was something about this program that we weren't getting, but the built-in Help file didn't work. Overall, we were extremely unimpressed; IDPhotoStudio has little in the way of features, and the features it does have can be easily found in a wide variety of other programs.
IDPhotoStudio is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We do not recommend this program.
From KC Softwares:
IDPhoto Studio is a user-friendly ID photo duplicator & printer. With IDPhoto Studio you can print dozens of ID photos in a couple of clicks. Supports standard ID photo size and uses Windows default printer.
What's new in this version: Version 2.13 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create photos for visas and identification documents.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Find similar images and delete duplicate photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and print posters of any size or quality.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Maintain a database of addresses and print envelopes.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Capture screen, create mobile wallpapers, and cut pictures.
- Create custom size license or ID photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Copy, move and view images of queued print jobs.
- Verify that the printer you are going to print to is the defaul...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Turn your favorite photo into real U.S. postage.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Print on your local PC printer when you log into your remote Wi...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-7 of 7
"Did exactly what I was looking for!"
Version: IDPhotoStudio 220.127.116.11
I needed a program to print ID photos for travel to Europe, where all sorts of various ID pictures are needed - for visas, ID cards, rail cards, etc. Unfortunately, none of my photo editing software or windows utilities would allow non-standard (i.e., not 8x10 or 4x6) sizes to be printed, so I was concerned that I might have to go to a local photo printing store to get it done. I don't know what problem the CNet staff had, because this was EXACTLY what I was looking for - had the 35x45 mm size as well as 30x40mm, 2x2 in, etc., and didn't include a lot of complicated options that would mess up the sizing.
Says it does what it actually does - no downsides if you're just needing to print a pre-taken photo.
"Does exactly what it says on the box!"
Version: IDPhotoStudio 18.104.22.168
Really simple to use - I produced a sheet of 25 perfectly sized passport photos needed for multiple visa applications in seconds. All you need is the photo to upload.
Nothing. It's simple to use and does the job. They seem to have all sizes covered, but to have a custom size option might be good. The cnet reviewer should try to get out more and visit places that need a visa! There's a big world out there.
Simple and does the job if you already have your ideal passport photo and just need multiple identical copies.
"I didn't achieve my goal of getting passport photos"
Version: IDPhotoStudio 22.214.171.124
I can't think of anything good to say about this product other than it was free and downloaded easily
As I said I did not achieve my objective
For me it was a waste of time
"Basically Its Okay"
Version: IDPhotoStudio 126.96.36.199
Free! Easy to use!
It needs to produce Pics at 1" x 1" also, a very common size that is needed by many Gov't agencies
Overall it is good, but! it does need to produce 1" x 1" as well.
"Simple, Marginally Useful"
Version: IDPhotoStudio 188.8.131.52
If you want a simple, no frills photo editor/printer for UDs, this is a good pick.
Doesn't do anything any photo software package doesn't already do. But, hey, its free and uncomplicated. It may be just what you need.
Version: IDPhotoStudio 184.108.40.206
It does te job without any fuss.I like it
Good and simple to use very good. AND IT IS FREE
Version: IDPhotoStudio 220.127.116.11
This is a handy tool for web publishers etc, good choice in units
Cant go diagonally, or at any other angle apart from 90, and 180 which is a shame.