HoudahGeo is an all-in-one app for geocoding and geotagging your photos, so you can keep track of where they were taken and upload them to sites like Google Earth and Flickr.
HoudahGeo provides a variety of ways to link your photos to geographic locations (using exportable EXIF, XMP, or IPTC tags), whether you're using a GPS track-logging device or you're entering locations manually, with coordinates, a built-in map, or Google Earth. You can even just take occasional, lower-quality reference photos (for example, with your iPhone 3G), and HoudahGeo will automatically geocode photos taken with your higher-res camera later based on the time frame. HoudahGeo supports most popular photo-library software, including iPhoto, Lightroom, and Aperture, and you can publish to EveryTrail.com. The most-recent updates have also added higher-quality maps and satellite images. (Although note that HoudahGeo now no longer supports Mac OS X 10.4.)
With its stability, broad set of features, quick and intuitive workflow, and extras like KML export, HoudahGeo is an excellent option for anyone who needs photo geocoding.
HoudahGeo lets you know where you took that photo!
With HoudahGeo you may \"pin\" photos to locations where they were taken.
Just like an expensive GPS camera, HoudahGeo may store latitude, longitude and altitude information right within the image file - invisibly with no loss of quality. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags.
HoudahGeo also lets you to share your geotagged photos in Google Earth or publish them to Flickr, Locr or EveryTrail.com.One-stop geocoding for the Mac
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
- Geocoding for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
- Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth or Flickr
HoudahGeo offers you many ways of geocoding your favorite photos:
- Automatic: Matches photos to GPS track logs and waypoints
- iPhone: Matches photos to reference photos taken using iPhone
- Using a Google Earth: Point to the desired location
- Using a map: Pick locations using the built-in map
- Precision: Attach photos to GPS waypoints
- Manual: Enter coordinates found on Google Earth, Wikipedia, ...
HoudahGeo connects directly to many brands and models of GPS track loggers. It also reads GPX and NMEA files created by third party software.
What's new in this version:
- iPhoto integration now supports iPhoto'11. iPhoto 9.1.1 required.
- Fixes the loading of waypoints from an GPS track log file.