CNET Editors' review
Graphic Workshop Pro tries to give you the basic tools you need to manage your digital photos. Unfortunately, those tools are packaged in an awkward and unappealing user interface.
The program's plain interface bears little resemblance to the sleek photo editing programs we're used to seeing. The top of the window contains basic menu items and navigational buttons, and there's a tree menu on the left side for browsing for images. Opening an image also opened a completely new window containing a basic image editing palette. The additional window made navigation very weird, and we're not sure why it's necessary, since there's plenty of space in the main window for editing the image. Nevertheless, we were able to use the palette controls to easily rotate and zoom in on the image. The Filters window let us add effects to our image, such as Emboss, Invert Colors, Jigsaw, and many more. We were able to preview the results before finalizing the effect, but we have to say, the results left a lot to be desired. You definitely shouldn't expect professional-quality photo editing with this program, but it works well enough for basic enhancements and editing. Probably its best feature is its ability to save the image in multiple file formats, such as BMP, IMG, JPG, and PSD, to name a few.
Graphic Workshop Pro leaves a folder behind in your Program Files. If you can get past the weird interface and navigation, we recommend it as a very basic photo editor.
From Alchemy Mindworks:
Graphic Workshop Pro is the image management and digital darkroom package with multiple browser windows, batch processing, drag and drop, thumbnails, searching, and dozens of image filters. It converts, prints, views, dithers, captions, transforms, flips, rotates, scales, scans, crops, color-adjusts, quantizes, catalogs, creates web pages, optimizes and wreaks special effects on most popular image files. Features: Convert between over 50 popular image formats. View files in any of the supported file formats. Display a slide show of images. Search your hard drive and other storage devices for graphics. Apply interactive image filters to your graphics, including soften, sharpen and emboss. Create sophisticated textures and fractals. Print your image files. Dither colour images into halftones. Rotate image files in any increments. Flip image files vertically and horizontally. Scale images up or down with optional anti-aliased scaling.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Print and save AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, SolidWorks, and other ...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Edit and add magic effects to your digital photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- View, browse, edit, and manipulate digital images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Obtain your favorite URLs.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create photo collages and digital scrapbooks from your images.
- Transform several images into a kaleidoscope.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Strip personal information and GPS data from all your photos wi...
- Manage, enhance, and share your images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Change the sizes of a batch of photos at the same time.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, edit, manage, and upload your image files.