CNET Editors' review
Graphic Workshop Pro tries to give you the basic tools you need to manage your digital photos. Unfortunately, those tools are packaged in an awkward and unappealing user interface.
The program's plain interface bears little resemblance to the sleek photo editing programs we're used to seeing. The top of the window contains basic menu items and navigational buttons, and there's a tree menu on the left side for browsing for images. Opening an image also opened a completely new window containing a basic image editing palette. The additional window made navigation very weird, and we're not sure why it's necessary, since there's plenty of space in the main window for editing the image. Nevertheless, we were able to use the palette controls to easily rotate and zoom in on the image. The Filters window let us add effects to our image, such as Emboss, Invert Colors, Jigsaw, and many more. We were able to preview the results before finalizing the effect, but we have to say, the results left a lot to be desired. You definitely shouldn't expect professional-quality photo editing with this program, but it works well enough for basic enhancements and editing. Probably its best feature is its ability to save the image in multiple file formats, such as BMP, IMG, JPG, and PSD, to name a few.
Graphic Workshop Pro leaves a folder behind in your Program Files. If you can get past the weird interface and navigation, we recommend it as a very basic photo editor.
From Alchemy Mindworks:
Graphic Workshop Pro is the image management and digital darkroom package with multiple browser windows, batch processing, drag and drop, thumbnails, searching, and dozens of image filters. It converts, prints, views, dithers, captions, transforms, flips, rotates, scales, scans, crops, color-adjusts, quantizes, catalogs, creates web pages, optimizes and wreaks special effects on most popular image files. Features: Convert between over 50 popular image formats. View files in any of the supported file formats. Display a slide show of images. Search your hard drive and other storage devices for graphics. Apply interactive image filters to your graphics, including soften, sharpen and emboss. Create sophisticated textures and fractals. Print your image files. Dither colour images into halftones. Rotate image files in any increments. Flip image files vertically and horizontally. Scale images up or down with optional anti-aliased scaling.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit and add magic effects to your digital photos.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Print and save AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, SolidWorks, and other ...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- View, browse, edit, and manipulate digital images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Obtain your favorite URLs.
- Strip personal information and GPS data from all your photos wi...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Adjust the size of your digital photos for Web sites, blogs, an...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Turn your picture into beautiful video.
- Create printable calendars with photos or pictures.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Retrieve and process RAW images from digital cameras.
- Download PDF files and other image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, and funny backgrou...