CNET Editors' reviewDespite a few omissions, this program still stands as a handy tool for anyone who plans a garden or landscape from the ground up. The bright, welcoming interface is a snap to understand, and, though you won't find a step-by-step wizard, the animated introduction quickly brings you up to speed.
Operating the program is equally painless. You simply drag and drop shrubs, trees, flowers, buildings, paving, and ponds into a large grid and lay them out as you like. You can change the foliage color and zoom in or out on your garden. However, we wish the program included several templates for houses so you could spatially arrange the garden around it. We also would like the developer to give us a few sample garden layouts.
Still, we think Garden Planner can be useful for a number of folks, whether they're new home owners, landscape architects, or just gardening enthusiasts.
From Artifact Interactive:
Design your dream garden. Arrange plants, trees, buildings and objects using an easy- to- use drag and- drop interface. Use simple tools to crate paths, fences and paving. Then produce a high quality color print out or image of your design. A quick way to produce a professional garden plan.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124 features bug fixes and new objects.
More Products to Consider
- Create a media database containing all your collections.
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Your digital bookshelf.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Print passport photo and ID photo.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Drive mosquitoes away with your PC by playing an ultra sound.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Print daily planner pages for free using a simple spreadsheet.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- View day and night images of the Earth on your desktop.
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Receive alert notifications on natural phenomenon.
- Keep track of your local weather in real-time.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Watch videos, shows, and movies from Web sites such as Hulu, CB...
- Manage movies, TV series, or collection of actors.
All versions:2.4 stars
out of 24 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Decent for home users ; not capable of heavy lifting"
Version: Garden Planner 126.96.36.199
Reasonably simple to use
Can't quite do enough for more than basic landscape design
This is a fine program for home users who want to fiddle around with landscaping ideas for their yards. However, it doesn't have enough bells and whistles to handle more serious efforts. For larger scale--up to and including professional--design efforts (larger scale either in terms of greater number of details within a small unit of land or in terms of larger area of land being designed), I recommend Realtime Landscape Architect.One thing I forgot to mention is that this program was developed in Australia and assumes garden styles and plant species that are typical of that climate. For someone like myself in New England (USA), using it involves a bit of compromise and work-around for those reasons.
Updated on Apr 10, 2012
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content