CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio and offers fun new features that help you create even better sounding songs. Use Flex Time to quickly fix timing mistakes and Groove Matching to make multiple instruments play together seamlessly. Or plug in an electric guitar and play through realistic, inspiring new guitar amps and stompbox effects. GarageBand 11 also has 22 new Learn to Play lessons in the most popular musical genres, and a exciting new feature called How Did I Play? that lets you practice along with any lesson while receiving real-time feedback showing you where you made mistakes and tracking your improvement over time. Flex Time Quickly change the timing of your audio recordings Fix occasional timing mistakes or make creative changes to how a part was performed Innovative UI just click and drag the waveform to change the timingGroove Matching Align the timing and rhythm of all your tracks with a single click Select a Groove Track, GarageBand analyzes its rhythm and instantly matches all other tracksMore guitar amps and stompbox effects Seven new guitar amps for a total of 12 Modeled after the most revered gear in the world from clean sounds to heavy distortion Five new stompbox effects, for a total of 15 Mix Amps with stompboxes and find thousands of ways to rockNew Basic Lessons for piano and guitar 22 new Basic Lessons for piano and guitar (40 in total) Full screen, interactive video lessons with an Apple instructor to guide you Synchronized notation with animated onscreen instrument Built-in glossary to reference tuning for your guitar, reading music, and more Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous* The GarageBand Lesson Store lets you browse, purchase and download Artist Lessons*How Did I Play? Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and get feedback on how accurately youve played Progress bar provides overview of your performance, and you can track progress over time Two-page notation to play along with sheet music or review your mistakes Chord Trainer to teach you how to play the most common chords, with real-time feedback* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through theGarageBand Lesson Store in select countries. GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better. 24-bit recording in GarageBand requires a Mac OS X-compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Some features and third-party services require Internet access and/orMobileMe; additional fees and terms apply.
More Products to Consider
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Organize, visualize and maintain your family history.
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Design/print avery labels, business cards, dividers, t-shirt tr...
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- Control how you wake up in the morning with this alarm clock so...
- Stop motion animation & time-lapse.
- EBook reader for Mac.
- Catalog book, music and video collections automatically.
- Disk cataloging & labeling app.
- Record and analyze athletic movements.
- Vintage synthesizer instruments.
- Test tone generator.
- Loops & song starters for GarageBand.
- Music theory and ear training software.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- IM status changer for Mac: manage Adium, Skype, iChat statuses.
- Music creation and audio production.