CNET Editors' review
GOM's latest version already supports the expected list of common formats: AVIs, MP4s, WMVs, etc. If you're not sure which format to use, GOM Video Converter includes presets for the current line of popular portable gadgets, consoles and more so that no Sony, Microsoft, Samsung, or Apple device gets left behind.
Installation takes some more input than standard processes, mostly involving user confirmation of installing certain codecs. Personally, we felt that it's odd to ask for such confirmations as codecs don't really take that much space anyways and the odds of a typical user knowing which codec is used for what are slim. Again, not a dealbreaker but it's hard to see the logic behind the process.
GOM's interface is skinned with a halloween-esque color scheme. The main interface is composted of three panels in a small window, with active files and the start button being highlighted in yellow. You can supposedly add files in one of two ways, either via pressing the Add button or drag and drop. However, the drag and drop didn't function for us with this current version. The conversion process was relatively smooth and straightforward. Add a video to convert, then select the preset for a device under the Output info section and hit the Start button to let it roll. You can also preview videos and chop the video into segments all without really losing sight of the main menu and interface, which was a nice touch.
The trial version caps your videos to 10 minutes or less, which should be more than enough for you to get a feel for how the program works. All in all, it performs well. The user interface may seem a bit loaded at first, but after staring at it for a few minutes users should figure it out fairly easily. There's no distracting ads or obnoxious upsell, which is a plus for a free/trial unit. Despite minor bugs, it's a solid converter especially for those who work with many media conversions at home and work.GOM Video converter - Convert your video files between multiple formats - Download Video Previews:
GOM Video Converter is a powerful all purpose video conversion software. Developed by the creators of GOM Player, it supports a wide variety of input and output formats. Generally speaking, if GOM Player can play it, GOM Video Converter can convert it. Whether you want to download videos from YouTube and put them on your iPod or upload a video from your 3G mobile phone to your blog, GOM Video Converter is an easy all-in-one solution for you.
What's new in this version: Changes in version 126.96.36.199 are as follows: 1. Rotation and Flip effects can now be applied while the output size setting is set to "(No Change)". 2. Improved support for FLV files. 3. Added support for 10bit AVC files (H.264 High 10 profile). 4. Corrected an issue where the MPEG source filter could not properly recognize frame rates and/or playback time for some TS and VOB files. 5. Improved support for MTS files recorded with digital cameras. 6. Corrected various issues related to the merge f... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Convert all types of videos to MP4, FLV, WMV, MPEG, AVI...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Convert video and audio files between popular media formats.
- Convert your videos to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, MP4, H264, AVI, ...
- Get all-in-one powerful video converter software to convert all...
- Add audio/video codecs and filters to playback any video file.
- Convert MP4, FLV, and WebM videos to any format for any device.
- Get video editing software designed to convert the video and au...
- Convert video files between various formats and download YouTub...
- Convert various video formats for playing on your iPod, iPhone,...
- Convert video files between multiple formats with editing capab...
- Convert video files from one format to another, and extract aud...
- Enjoy movies and all your media on your PC, notebook, smartphon...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 28 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Worse than the Worst"
Version: GOM Video Converter 188.8.131.52
quality of video
file size 12 mb easy download
not a freeware
consumes memory more
no other programs will run properly at that time of conversion
they say much about many a options of conversions , never found a useful one at the right time
"BEWARE OF NEWEST VERSION!"
Version: GOM Video Converter 184.108.40.206
Still my favorite converter BUT...
...THIS ONE JUST DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY FOR ME
Not sure what the new version doesn't like about my system but it doesn't work properly. It still converts videos but i have to manually cancel the conversion to get it to stop. I had to do a lot of looking around to find a download of version 11057. I finally found it here http://www.softsalad.com/software/gom-encoder.html If you have these issues with version 11058 uninstall and revert to version 11057, hope this helps someone out!