GOM Player is a free multimedia player with popular video and audio codecs built-in. GOM Player supports file formats such as AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, XviD, WMV, ASF. Users don't have to install codecs separately. GOM Player is capable of playing incomplete or damaged AVI files by skipping the damaged frames. It can also play locked or partially downloaded files. Its other features include drag-and-drop support, HTTP streaming, editable skins, subtitling, overlay mixer, key remapping, enhanced filter rendering, real-time index rebuilding for AVI files and unicode support among others.
What's new in this version:
1. Modified the software's codec settings for AAC audio playback.
2. The AC3 tab has been removed from the Prefences window, and internal AC3 options have been disabled.
3. Corrected a sync issue with certain TS files.
4. Corrected a playback issue with MP4 files containing hard-coded scrolling subtitles.
5. Added features to delete and disabled the saving of recently played files to the Windows "Recent Files" list (Windows 7 and 8 only).