From GFI Software:
GFI LanGuard is an award-winning vulnerability and patch management solution trusted by tens of thousands of businesses to protect millions of computers on their networks. GFI LanGuard acts as your virtual security consultant to provide all three of these essential security tools: patch management, vulnerability assessment and network auditing - in a single easy-to-use console. This solution gives you a complete picture of your network setup and helps you maintain a secure network state more effectively.
What's new in this version: Version 2012 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your computer against spyware, hacker attacks, and othe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Monitor open TCP and UDP ports and software applications that o...
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Monitor your network and gather information on software, hardwa...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Allocate a staging area on your network and replicate the Web f...
- Manage your removable media devices.
- Recover passwords and audit their vulnerability.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Get the security patch for Simple Network Management Protocol.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Harden and control the firewall built into Windows.
- Protect all of your internet-connected computers from all types...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
Version: GFI LanGuard 2012 10.1
Does a good job discovering computers on the network and identifying missing patches.
Routinely fails to update Adobe products. While it is possible to only scan certain issues (patch scan only) it tends to scan ALL vulnerabilities and stores the info in the database. That means those areas continue to show up until you delete the scans from the database manually.
I'm not sure this product saves any time or makes updating any easier. I have spent many hours emailing and on the phone with technical support ironing out issues and there are still problems.
"Freeware not so free"
Version: GFI LanGuard 2012 9.0
It installs. The full version is real nice... this aint that.
Install still says 10 days free and only 5 IP's?
The designation should not be listed as Freeware.
Program is worth buying if you have the money.After installing and seeing.
But when declaring it is freeware and then suddenly have strings/restrictions...
This is shareware at best with a time limiter.
Or they need to recompile the program to list the unlimited nature of freeware.
And definitely make it freeware fully or restate what this is...
Updated on Sep 10, 2009
This "IS NOT" freeware.
Pure and simple.
Updated on Sep 10, 2009This is not Freeware, this is Trialware.
Updated on Sep 10, 2009This is TRIAL WARE.
There is no open usability and it is LIMITED in time, a TRIAL time.
Version: GFI LanGuard 2012 7
Great for seeing what is on your network and the status of it. Find problem machines before they become a problem. My use of this product to deploy patches is limited, I mainly use it for the scanning, it if fills that need.
The scanning bogged down the network a little, but it was worth it.
"A must have security tool for any network administrator!"
Version: GFI LanGuard 2012 6.0
Easily manage patches, service packs and security risks from one central location.