From GFI Software:
From the developer: "GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner (LNSS) is a freeware tool to audit network security and proactively secure it. LNSS scans entire networks from a 'hacker's' perspective, and analyses machines for open ports, shares, security alerts/vulnerabilities, service pack level, installed hotfixes and other NETBIOS information such as hostname, logged on user name, users etc. It does OS detection, password strength testing and detects registry issues.
"Scan reports are customizable, outputted in HTML, and can be compared to previous scans, allowing you to easily see changes in your network. LNSS also features a script engine to automate security scanning, as well as a security hotfix installer. This allows you to keep your entire windows network up to date on Microsoft security hotfixes."
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Protect files and emails using encryption software.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
Version: GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner 10.1
Does a good job discovering computers on the network and identifying missing patches.
Routinely fails to update Adobe products. While it is possible to only scan certain issues (patch scan only) it tends to scan ALL vulnerabilities and stores the info in the database. That means those areas continue to show up until you delete the scans from the database manually.
I'm not sure this product saves any time or makes updating any easier. I have spent many hours emailing and on the phone with technical support ironing out issues and there are still problems.
"Freeware not so free"
Version: GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner 9.0
It installs. The full version is real nice... this aint that.
Install still says 10 days free and only 5 IP's?
The designation should not be listed as Freeware.
Program is worth buying if you have the money.After installing and seeing.
But when declaring it is freeware and then suddenly have strings/restrictions...
This is shareware at best with a time limiter.
Or they need to recompile the program to list the unlimited nature of freeware.
And definitely make it freeware fully or restate what this is...
Updated on Sep 10, 2009
This "IS NOT" freeware.
Pure and simple.
Updated on Sep 10, 2009This is not Freeware, this is Trialware.
Updated on Sep 10, 2009This is TRIAL WARE.
There is no open usability and it is LIMITED in time, a TRIAL time.
Version: GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner 7
Great for seeing what is on your network and the status of it. Find problem machines before they become a problem. My use of this product to deploy patches is limited, I mainly use it for the scanning, it if fills that need.
The scanning bogged down the network a little, but it was worth it.
"A must have security tool for any network administrator!"
Version: GFI LANguard Network Security Scanner 6.0
Easily manage patches, service packs and security risks from one central location.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content