Editors' Note: You will be taken to a third-party site to complete your download. Using P2P and file-sharing software to distribute copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in the United States and many other countries. CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
FrostWire is a free file sharing client with full BitTorrent protocol support, first released as a fork of LimeWire. Gnutella support was dropped entirely, and now FrostWire only uses the BitTorrent network , popular cloud services to search and share files. You can now use FrostWire to send large files or entire folders to Colleagues, Friends, and family. You can share files on a local Wi-Fi network between PCs, Macs and Android phones and tablets without any networking knowledge, just fire the apps, share and start streaming and sending files between devices, perfect for home networks, and collaborating teams in work/study environments, no more USB sticks or technically challenging network configuration to have computers in different environments share files with each other.
What's new in this version:
- Solves issue getting correct single file location from transfer manager.
- Improved MD5 verification. Thanks @abderraouf-adjal.
- Important UI transfer related actions restored for Linux users.
- Updated frostwire-jlibtorrent libraries, now built with older Boost 1.55, fixes Windows UI Freeze issue.
- CPU usage reduced managing transfer items.
- Croatian, Bulgarian, Polish, translation updates.
- More cleanups and refactors. ... See all new features »