Editors' Note: You will be taken to a third-party site to complete your download. Using P2P and file-sharing software to distribute copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in the United States and many other countries. CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
FrostWire is a free file sharing client with full BitTorrent protocol support, first released as a fork of LimeWire. Gnutella support was dropped entirely, and now FrostWire only uses the BitTorrent network , popular cloud services to search and share files. You can now use FrostWire to send large files or entire folders to Colleagues, Friends, and family. You can share files on a local Wi-Fi network between PCs, Macs and Android phones and tablets without any networking knowledge, just fire the apps, share and start streaming and sending files between devices, perfect for home networks, and collaborating teams in work/study environments, no more USB sticks or technically challenging network configuration to have computers in different environments share files with each other.
What's new in this version:
- Implements torrent loading algorithm to avoid CPU overuse when checking torrent integrity.
- When transfers are finished they no longer show as 'Paused', they show as 'Finished'
- Fixes issues with incomplete files.
- Fixes issues importing too many songs to iTunes playlist.
- Fixes issue on which adding a whole torrent after starting a partial download would not merge the two and continue to download the rest of the torrent.