CNET Editors' review
FotoSketcher provides users with a simple tool for re-imagining their photos as handmade drawings. While the program provides easy controls and a lot of flexibility, nobody will mistake the results for actual art.
This program is very simple, especially if users have prior experience with drawing and photo-touching software like Paintbrush or Photoshop. The controls mimic those programs with their simplicity and logical progressions. Users having any difficulties will find an informative Help file that walks people through the process. Converting our pictures was easy. Once we selected a photo to work with from our own hard drive, we were shown a screen featuring a pull-down menu to select pencil drawing style, pen and ink, or painting, along with several faders for adjusting color and intensity. A small preview box updated each time a selection was made saved time and effort. The results will look familiar to anyone who has used photographic filters on similar software. While the shots look different and drawn, they will never pass for real pencil sketches. However, for users seeking that computerized look, they are still fun and the changes quickly applied. Special features that helped improve this program included the option to batch process multiple photos at once and the ability to apply text to a photo with point-and-click simplicity.
While the results don't look like a professional artist redid your photos, this freeware program is simple and fun for anyone not expecting huge artistic changes.
FotoSketcher turns digital photos into beautiful pencil sketches or paintings in seconds. FotoSketcher can create images that look like they have been hand drawn by the best artists. FotoSketcher is fast, fun, easy and free.
Version 1.9 adds watercolor and oil paint (impasto) effects.
What's new in this version: New watercolor effect New oil paint (impasto) effect Speed increase of pencil sketch 2 and 3 effects improved dropdown list of effects double-clicking on a parameter name (eg Colour intensity) resets its value to default some minor bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- View photos, images, RAW files.
- Organize, annotate, and share your digital photos.
- Make people in your photos look nice.
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Let your photo editing ambitions soar on the big screen.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 52 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content