FoldersSynchronizer is a nifty and popular utility for Mac OS X which synchronizes and backs-up files, folders, disks and boot disks. The user can choose one or more pairs of files, folders or disks and then they will be synchronized or backed-up exactly. FS lets you organize your sync and backup in several sessions that you can save to a single file for a later reuse. On each session you can apply special options like Timers, Multiple Folders, Filters, Exclude Items, Auto-Mount local and remote volumes, launch your own AppleScripts, set how to resolve conflicts, execute an incremental or an exact copy, include/exclude locked and invisible file, resolve aliases and sim links, treats filePackages as folder (and quickly update only the content of big files like the iPhoto Library), create sub-destination folders with custom parametric names... FS lets you specify global settings like whether FS should display a preview panel listing all the files FS is going to copy, replace and delete. You can also specify to save a log file to your local disk, to send the log file to a custom email address, to sync and automatically quit the application. FoldersSynchronizer is available also as lite version.
What's new in this version:
- FS is now a 64bit Intel application running on Intel machines only with MacOS X 10.7 or higher.
- We have released the 32bit PPC/Intel version too, running on both PPC and Intel machines with MacOS X 10.5 or higher (successfully tested on OS X 10.7.1 too).
- As requested, we added the check-box "Skip Permissions Check" to the Settings panel. If marked FS will skip the permissions check during the Scanning Folders phase only. FS will always perform the permissions check dur... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Back up your important files and folders.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Split files into folder hierarchies, or merge them into a singl...
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Create a secure folder where you can hide your private folders.
- Synchronize your files and folders.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Backup folders and files to your myDisk account.
- Recover data from crashed, non-mounting, reformatted hard drive...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Complete new set of folder icons.
- Data recovery software.
- Encrypt and back up data to CeeJay data centers.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Backup your MAC data online.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Automate scheduled backups of your files.
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Excellent backup program"
Version: FoldersSynchronizer 4.1.0
Using this for years. Just moved to Mountain Lion; loaded the most recent version and encountered no problems. Only problem is related to Mountain Lion-- it hides the Library folder. Need to use chflags command in unix to make the Library folder visible.
No problems encountered.
"Really good back up program.. easy to use"
Version: FoldersSynchronizer 4.1.0
The big PRO for me is, that IT WORKS! It copies all the files, all the time.
The only Con is the UI can be a 'tad confusing if you've got more than one back up job planned... but once you get the hang of it, you are golden. Really, this app is easy to use.
I've tried Intego Backup Express, and Chronosync, an neither worked as well as FS does.... I mean REALLY.... we're just copying files... how hard can it be? Harder than it would seem. Both of the other apps I tried just didn't copy all the data..
Previous to this, my favorite program was one called Sync, by Decimus, but they have put that app on auto pilot now, so there is no way to know whether your back ups are working, until you need them only to discover that they haven't been working> :(