From LittleLite Software:
With Folder Crypt you can password protect any Windows folder using low level encoding and standard algorithms, such as such as DES, Rijndael, Blowfish and ARC4 with keys up to 2048 bits. The program performs a true bit per bit encryption of your data. All you have to do is to supply a password or passphrase, which will be turned into a strong password by an hashing function. The encryption process is not reversible (you can decrypt the folder only if you know the correct passphrase). Your encrypted folder will appear as a .crypt file in place of the original folder. Original files and folders may be shredded. Opening, editing and listing folder contents is password protected. Full international characters support.
What's new in this version: Version 3.6 is now fully compatible with Windows 8; adds estimated time remaining on long operations; new setup program includes both 32 and 64 bit versions.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Secure your private and sensitive information from snoopers.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Encrypt and decrypt files according to the latest industry stan...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Provide functions for cryptography and security software.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Encrypt any of your files with AES-128, AES-192, AES-256, RC2, ...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Encrypt files and folders choosing various encryption algorithm...
- Encrypt PDF files, restrict PDF print, edit, and copy with user...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Securely store and manage your passwords.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Get Delphi components for network security and data protection ...
- Hide and encrypt any folder including flash disk and removable ...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect files and folders with quick, safe encryption and abund...
- Zip and unzip files, protect them by encryption, connect to clo...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-6 of 6
"Not all shiny."
Version: Folder Crypt 3.5.1001
v.3.5.1001 works ok, I got the 64bit version.
Nice interface several encryption options.
You can encrypt a bunch of files or folders into one, and open that file to read one of them in the program and just close the file afterwards with the option to save changes.
After first have it installed on my laptop
and then used it on my workstation the license lock up
and I can't use it on any now.
So I have to use a demo on a "pristine" machine to unlock the files.
It does not feel ok that the app take your file hostage after a machine change.
There is no customer portal to edit your activations.
I have now switched to Sophos were there is always a free version
to access the encrypted data.
"Good encryption, but expensive and unstable"
Version: Folder Crypt 2.8 build 3707
This is very easy software to encript folders and files with simple right click features.
The application was a little unstable, meaning that it has crashed on me a few times, which is very annoying, and a bit scary. Plus, it is a little expensive at $30.
"Powerful encryption and easy to use"
Version: Folder Crypt 2.5
I like the easy of use of this software and the fact that it encrypts an entire folder with a single right click. My "hacker guru" friend was not able to decrypt or hack a folder encrypted with "Folder Crypt", and he is a real genius, so this fact let me affirm that Folder Crypt is a a robust and reliable encryption tool.
Also, as far as I can say, this product is lightweight and it never intereferes with other programs or the operating system (this should be due to the fact that it runs under .NET Framework).
So far, nothing.
"Program crashed every time"
Version: Folder Crypt 2.5
The only good thing I can say about this program is that it was easy to install & uninstall.
My system: Toshiba Laptop w/256Mb RAM, running WinXP Home w/SP2 & all current Microsoft patches....Every time I tried to run the program, it crashed. I repeatedly installed & uninstalled the program after each crash & it still crashed every time. I was never able to encrypt any files or folders &, on my first attempt to use this program, I only tried to encrypt one file....When uninstalled, the program leaves its folder behind in the Program Files directory, but it leaves no files behind. However, it does not undo the changes it has made to the registry.
"Fast, effective folder encryption"
Version: Folder Crypt 2.1
I like the way Folder Crypt encrypts my data, and especially the fact I can edit documents or view images inside encrypted folders. Also it's very well integrated in Windows. I never had a problem, and I'm using it for months.
It's a pity there's no a command line version: I'd like to automate encryption in batch processes...
"Damaged instead of Protection"
Version: Folder Crypt 2.1
1) Opened Folder Crypt
2) Clicked green toolbar icon to encrypt.
3) Chosed a folder
4) Entered a password
5) Clicked encrypt
6) Got a error message
7) The original folder disappeared, i lost all my most important data (over 200 usernames/passwords, phone numbers) and they can not really help me. they asked me to locate this file .crypt.tmp, but this file does not exist. their moderator removes all negative post from their support forum, leaving only the "success!" ones. thnx.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: