CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Google Play Store where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Flickr for Android lets users of the popular Yahoo-owned photo site connect with the Flickr community and upload photos while on the go. It's dead simple, looks great, and is a nifty tool for storing select mobile photos in the cloud.
In order to get started, you must have a Yahoo account set up. This holds true, even if you decide to log in using your Facebook account. Once you're set up with Yahoo, you get free access to Flickr, and are allowed to upload up to 300 MB of photos per month. If you need more than that, then you'll have to sign up for a Premium Flickr account, which, of course, will cost you.
The main dashboard of the Flickr app opens directly to your activity feed, which lets you know if anyone has favorited or commented on any of your photos. From there, the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen lets you easily access your contacts, your own profile, and the built-in Flickr Camera.
If you're looking for a powerful photo manipulation tool, then Flickr probably isn't it. It offers a few filters, the ability to caption items, and that's about it. What Flickr is good at, though, is sharing. It can share natively to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or e-mail. And, of course, it's connected with the very active Flickr community. That said, if you're looking for a tool to share your mobile photos, and back them up to your Yahoo account in the cloud, you should definitely take a look at Flickr for Android.
The official Flickr Android App.
Smile. Everyone gets a free terabyte. That's right, a terabyte of space.
Flickr lets you share your photos in brilliant, full resolution from anywhere to any device and anyone.
Biggr: Others measure in gigabytes. Flickr guarantees up to 1000x that: a terabyte of space. That's 500,000 photos* to share and enjoy in their beautiful, original quality.
Whenevr: Upload once, send to any device, any screen, any friend and any follower.
Spectaculr: All of your photos in original quality for upload and download, beautifully displayed.
* To be exact, it's actually 537,731 photos at 6.5 megapixels.
More Products to Consider
- Awesome PicsArt Studio!.
- Change your photos into works of art.
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- Camera 360 , Photo Effects, Photo Color Effects, Photoshop , pe...
- Correct and enhance photos form all possible angles.
- More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any...
- The best camera application for portraits, 'Cymera'.
- Enhance, transform, and share your photos easily.
- Capture and share the world's moments on your Android, customiz...
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- Path is the Smart Journal that helps you share life with the on...
- Special Instagram HD version of popular Lomo Camera app. Take p...
- Connect and share life as it happens.
- Troll your friends! Create rage faced photos and share created ...
- View the awesome photos of Flickr, Instagram and 500px on the g...
- Get on-the-go access to your professional network with LinkedIn...
- Share your pictures on Facebook automatically.
- Collage will never be the same Instantly create Magazine-Style ...
- Edit photos, apply effects, add frames, save back to your phone...
- Share what you're watching on TV with Miso.
- MOLOME : Shoot Share Badged Play.
- Snap pictures and apply effects with this fun app.
- Post a cool Photo Gallery Slideshow of your Android photos stra...
- Sketch Guru is the best sketch app you can find on the market.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content