CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Google Play Store where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Flickr for Android lets users of the popular Yahoo-owned photo site connect with the Flickr community and upload photos while on the go. It's dead simple, looks great, and is a nifty tool for storing select mobile photos in the cloud.
In order to get started, you must have a Yahoo account set up. This holds true, even if you decide to log in using your Facebook account. Once you're set up with Yahoo, you get free access to Flickr, and are allowed to upload up to 300 MB of photos per month. If you need more than that, then you'll have to sign up for a Premium Flickr account, which, of course, will cost you.
The main dashboard of the Flickr app opens directly to your activity feed, which lets you know if anyone has favorited or commented on any of your photos. From there, the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen lets you easily access your contacts, your own profile, and the built-in Flickr Camera.
If you're looking for a powerful photo manipulation tool, then Flickr probably isn't it. It offers a few filters, the ability to caption items, and that's about it. What Flickr is good at, though, is sharing. It can share natively to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or e-mail. And, of course, it's connected with the very active Flickr community. That said, if you're looking for a tool to share your mobile photos, and back them up to your Yahoo account in the cloud, you should definitely take a look at Flickr for Android.
The official Flickr Android App.
Smile. Everyone gets a free terabyte. That's right, a terabyte of space.
Flickr lets you share your photos in brilliant, full resolution from anywhere to any device and anyone.
Biggr: Others measure in gigabytes. Flickr guarantees up to 1000x that: a terabyte of space. That's 500,000 photos* to share and enjoy in their beautiful, original quality.
Whenevr: Upload once, send to any device, any screen, any friend and any follower.
Spectaculr: All of your photos in original quality for upload and download, beautifully displayed.
* To be exact, it's actually 537,731 photos at 6.5 megapixels.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
- Download Type:
- External Download Site
- Publisher Web Site
- Release Date
- May 20, 2013
- Date Added
- May 20, 2013
- Operating Systems
- Additional Requirements
- REQUIRES ANDROID: 2.3.3 and up
- File Size
- File Name
- Total Downloads
- Downloads Last Week
- License Model
- Not available
- Not available
More Products to Consider
- Download any Facebook albums or tagged photos of yours and your...
- Attach pictures directly from your Android device' camera.
- Dial #555 (default password) to open private gallery from phone...
- View, edit, or remove personal data in photos, like geotags and...
- Enhance your photos and quickly share them with your friends.
- View and upload photo for Picasa from your Android device.
- Take beautiful photos, enhance with filters, and share your lif...
- Provide a seamless Flickr upload experience for Android handset...
- Show pictures and videos to your friends from the Android devic...