CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Google Play Store where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Flickr for Android lets users of the popular Yahoo-owned photo site connect with the Flickr community and upload photos while on the go. It's dead simple, looks great, and is a nifty tool for storing select mobile photos in the cloud.
In order to get started, you must have a Yahoo account set up. This holds true, even if you decide to log in using your Facebook account. Once you're set up with Yahoo, you get free access to Flickr, and are allowed to upload up to 300 MB of photos per month. If you need more than that, then you'll have to sign up for a Premium Flickr account, which, of course, will cost you.
The main dashboard of the Flickr app opens directly to your activity feed, which lets you know if anyone has favorited or commented on any of your photos. From there, the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen lets you easily access your contacts, your own profile, and the built-in Flickr Camera.
If you're looking for a powerful photo manipulation tool, then Flickr probably isn't it. It offers a few filters, the ability to caption items, and that's about it. What Flickr is good at, though, is sharing. It can share natively to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or e-mail. And, of course, it's connected with the very active Flickr community. That said, if you're looking for a tool to share your mobile photos, and back them up to your Yahoo account in the cloud, you should definitely take a look at Flickr for Android.
The official Flickr Android App.
Smile. Everyone gets a free terabyte. That's right, a terabyte of space.
Flickr lets you share your photos in brilliant, full resolution from anywhere to any device and anyone.
Biggr: Others measure in gigabytes. Flickr guarantees up to 1000x that: a terabyte of space. That's 500,000 photos* to share and enjoy in their beautiful, original quality.
Whenevr: Upload once, send to any device, any screen, any friend and any follower.
Spectaculr: All of your photos in original quality for upload and download, beautifully displayed.
* To be exact, it's actually 537,731 photos at 6.5 megapixels.
More Products to Consider
- Photogrid is the best way to create gorgeous photo collage.If y...
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- Awesome PicsArt Studio!.
- Change your photos into works of art.
- Wrap frames and scenery around your photos, or add whimsical ef...
- Correct and enhance photos form all possible angles.
- Over 130 million users love Instagram!It's a simple way to capt...
- More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any...
- The best camera application for portraits, 'Cymera'.
- Path is the Smart Journal that helps you share life with the on...
- Enhance, transform, and share your photos easily.
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- PhotoFunia is a photo editing tool that gives you a fun filled ...
- Photoshop express, Image editor, photofunia, sketch, reflection...
- Connect and share life as it happens.
- Get on-the-go access to your professional network with LinkedIn...
- Share what you're watching on TV with Miso.
- Add film and retouch effects to your photos.
- Write new posts, edit content, and manage comments on your Word...
- Troll your friends! Create rage faced photos and share created ...
- Enhance your photos and quickly share them with your friends.
- Snap pictures and apply effects with this fun app.
- Create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place.
- Create cool photo montages and apply fun photo frames & effects...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content