CNET Editors' review
At long last, Yahoo has released its official Flickr app for the iPhone and the iPod Touch. With a photo montage and a clean user interface, the photo app has the look. As long as you're not too needy, it also has the touch. In addition to viewing your photos and your friends' photostreams, you can also upload photos from the device to your Flickr account. If you've got an iPhone 3GS, the app also extends that uploading courtesy to videos that you can take on the spot or upload from your library.
The Flickr app supports comments, e-mailing a photo, and navigating through the photostream--either using the arrows, or by tapping to see full-screen renderings in a viewer that also supports landscape mode. This view also lets you navigate by swiping the screen left or right.
While there are good tools for commenting on photos, marking favorites, and searching for tags, this first version is light on editing and organizational features. For instance, you can't delete a photo, zoom in on one, or edit a tag. There's no central location for exploring public or Flickr's famous "interesting" photos. The app also didn't pick up our geotags and frequently crashed, even after a reboot. If you've got modest viewing and uploading requirements, it's possible to ignore or work around the faults found in Yahoo's free Flickr app, but power users should look elsewhere.Flickr for iPhone 1.0:
From Yahoo! Inc:
Share your photos. Watch the world. Flickr for the iPhone enables photo-sharing on the go - from your phone, to the world.
Shoot, upload and share photos & videos: Geo-tag your photos or add them to a set. View your photos by set and tag.
Stay up to date: See recent photo activities from your friends and family. Search and view photos by contact. Make comments or mark them as favorites.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Speed up design work with screen capture tools.
- Add frames to your digital photos for your projects in a simple...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Restore old and damaged photos from your family archive by remo...
- Organize, annotate, and share your digital photos.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Make people in your photos look nice.
- Let your photo editing ambitions soar on the big screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Capture and edit your images on PC.
- Add Digital bookmarks and protect your photos.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content