CNET Editors' review
FanDraft - Fantasy Basketball Draft Board provides all the tools for holding your own fantasy draft, but it falls short of the competition on several different levels.
We were initially very excited about this program, thanks to its professional-looking interface. We needed to visit the Help file's dictionary to understand all the various terms and elements, but we got on track after a few minutes. We got a good feeling from this program during setup, as it let us organize our teams, draft order, and even draft sounds via a helpful setup Wizard that eliminated any guesswork. Unfortunately, this was our last positive experience. During the actual draft, the list of players resembled a spreadsheet and didn't even list a player's team, let alone any statistics. This made having a smart choice almost impossible when we didn't instantly know who was who among the players. We've used draft software that did a better job than FanDraft of organizing players and that also included statistics for each player. These free online drafts were always associated with a league that also tracked statistics all season, which was another drawback of this program. While we enjoyed the features that let us customize everything from team logos to draft time, we just couldn't get over how poor the actual draft was.
FanDraft -- Fantasy Basketball Draft Board has a two-round trial limit. While its setup was perfect, users can find much better draft software if they look for it, and we do not recommend this program.
From FanSoft Media:
FanDraft Fantasy Basketball Draft Board works as a digital draft board for fantasy basketball drafts. The program includes a player board, a draft clock, and a streaming ticker, and offers customizable draft ordering, team logos, audio, and draft reports. The application works with all types of fantasy basketball leagues, as well as with auction and regular-style drafts. FanDraft Fantasy Basketball Draft Board also includes a custom predraft presentation that displays photos, bios, and audio. Version 8 has new features including; live auctioning, voice announcer, fluid resizing, new reports.
What's new in this version: Version 13.0 features live auctioning, voice announcer, fluid resizing, and new reports.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Place basketball scoreboard on a screen of your display.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Enhance your fantasy basketball league's draft experience.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Get a basketball scoreboard with accurate game clock.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Remove colorful cubes by matching three or more in a row vertic...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Turn any computer into a realistic gymnastics event scoreboard ...
- Turn any computer into a realistic statistics scoreboard at ver...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Enhance your fantasy football league's draft experience.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Take your fantasy hockey draft party into PrimeTime with draft ...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Create, edit, and publish drafts in 3D.
- Add a floating flash clock to your Web site.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Uses Microsoft Agent to remind you of events and appointments.