CNET Editors' note: The download is called "DVDRemaster," but also includes FairMount--just open the disk image to find the correct file.
From Metakine Inc.:
FairMount is a companion to VLC Media Player. It uses VLC to mount encrypted DVDs as decrypted disk images. Their content can then be accessed transparently by any applications.
What's new in this version: Features better error reporting when no adequate version of VLC Media Player is found.
More Products to Consider
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Decrypt videos from encrypted DVDs.
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Allows manipulation of OS 9 disk images.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Allows you to turn off disk image verification in the Finder.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Mount ISO & other disk images to desktop.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Get your movies off of DVD and onto your Mac.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 13 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"No Mac 64bit VLC? Use Fairmount with Handbrake instead"
Version: FairMount 1.0.6
Great for Mac users who cannot get 64-bit VLC version. Can use Fairmount to mount DVDs for use with Handbrake instead.
I'm only using for this limited use, can't complain
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: