CNET Editors' review
At long last, Facebook as a universal app is finally here and if you're an iPhone or iPad user looking to browse the popular social site, the app is better than ever. On the iPad specifically, it might be the best platform for browsing the site available.
Now a universal app for both iPhone and iPad, Facebook offers a fun and fast way to browse through friends' pages, statuses, photos, and more. The interface is fairly sparse, but makes it easy to get exactly where you want to go on the site quickly. Across the top you have a button to open the navigation sidebar, one to look at friend requests, a chat bubble for messages, and a globe for notifications. To get to the navigation sidebar, you can either hit the button or simply swipe your finger to the right. On the sidebar you have all the same functions that you would on the Web site, letting you touch to browse the News Feed, Messages, Nearby check-ins, events, groups, and any Facebook apps you might use (each of which can be used on the iPad). Nearby check-ins in particular is much better in this update, letting you see a map of where your friends have checked in, with a list of recent check-ins you can browse on the left.
One of the best things about Facebook on the iPad is how easy and fast it is to browse photos. Just tap on a friend's name and you quickly get all of his photo folders. From there you can just tap on a folder and browse quickly through all his photos. Alternatively, you can view a photo full-screen and just swipe to move on to the next picture or you can touch a strip across the bottom (iPad only) to jump between photos. To go back to folder view, you can simply do a pinch gesture and the photo has a collapse animation to smoothly deliver you back to the folder. You also can quickly upload a photo from your library or snap a new picture for upload on your iPhone or iPad 2. All of these elements are laid out to make your most-used actions on Facebook both easy-to-use and fast.
Overall, with an extremely intuitive interface, touch-screen controls that take advantage of the larger screen real estate on the iPad, and all the functionality you get on the Web site, the latest version of Facebook for iOS is better than ever. On the iPad, it might even be the best platform for browsing the site--even above your computer. If you have an iOS device and use Facebook, this app is a must-download.
Facebook for iPad
Facebook for iPhone makes it easy to stay connected and share information with friends. Use your iPhone to start a conversation with Facebook Chat, check your friends' latest photos and status updates, look up a phone number, or upload your own mobile photos to Facebook. Even more features will be updated in the weeks and months ahead.
Version 3.0 gives users a lot more features available at the Facebook site, including RSVP to events, change your profile picture, read and comment on Notes, make friend requests, manage your photos, and much more.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0 gives users a lot more features available at the Facebook site, including RSVP to events, change your profile picture, read and comment on Notes, make friend requests, manage your photos, and much more.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Download videos from YouTube and increase download speeds by up...
- Download social music or video for your Windows PC.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into various formats.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Add a virtual Webcam for video chats software such as Skype, MS...
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Accelerate your downloads to the fastest possible speed.
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Chat with all your Facebook friends directly from your Desktop.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 23 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Facebook for iPhone 3.0
More features needed...
"it is a tempataton for me"
Version: Facebook for iPhone 3.0
well ,now it`s said facebook is better than twitter and will make us smart it sounds great ,facebook in mobile also bring us a new way to express ourselves ,it`s owesome.so we can offer me a iphone and let me have a try ? just 4 fun. www.chinazrhcom
i can not find any reason to talk myself into hating it
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content