CNET Editors' review
In the midst of your drudgery, working away at your PC, you need to take a break every now and then for a laugh. Or simply prod your pals or family members to laugh. And this nifty little app is just the thing to get the giggles going. But the required format for the graphics may prove a stumbling block for most users.
EyeRoller launches a bland square window onto your desktop, and the white window includes some text. Right-clicking the window opens a menu for loading or downloading a face. Once a face is loaded, its eyes roll with a hilarious ease that would have been the envy of Marty Feldman.
This free app performed satisfactorily during our tests--up to a point. While visiting the EyeRoller site and downloading existing faces with preloaded eyes that follow the cursor worked just fine in our tests, attempting to load our own photos didn't work at all. The problem is that the app requires graphics saved in the JFA format--whatever that is. None of our apps will save photos to that format, and professional graphics artists we checked with had never heard of this format. This restriction means users are limited to relying only on those faces downloadable from the EyeRoller site. Those graphics work fine, and they are funny. But anyone wanting to surprise a family member by displaying his or her face on the desktop will be disappointed.
Make fun of your friends and colleagues, import their face in EyeRoller and see their eyes follow your mouse pointer. The result will be incredibly entertaining. The program has a built-in face editor, so you can easily create new faces without being a graphical artist. If you feel adventurous you can touch up the face with an external editor. Share the faces you have created with the world and download the best faces you find.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Morph your friend into a celebrity!.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Morph one picture to another.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Combine and blend your photos.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Add clip art drawings to your digital photos and images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Manage and display notifications on your desktop.
All versions:2.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Clunky and Lame"
Version: EyeRoller 1.1.4
clunky and dumb
was hoping it would be like the Monty Python eye rolling animation
"nothing to exciting, hard to use"
Version: EyeRoller 1.1.4
not much, not enough to do.
hard to use, can't do much with trial version, nort enough to want to purchase.