CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Now that Evernote Food is on Android, you can join your iOS friends in taking pictures of your meals, the restaurants where you eat them, and the people you are with, and saving it all on your Evernote account.
To get started with Evernote Food, you first have to log in with your Evernote account. If you don't have one, it's free and works across all of Evernote's products. Next, hit the "+" button up top to pull up the New Meal screen, where you can add pictures (as many as you like), captions, tags, location (powered by Foursquare), and other pertinent information about your meal. The app can even help you out if you leave your title field blank by generating a title based on the time of day and location of your meal. Once you're done, your meal note will go right into your Meal List, which you can search through by keyword, location, and more.
Because Evernote Food is part of the Evernote family, everything you save is automatically synced across all of the other Evernote mobile apps that you use. You can also access your Food notes through your Evernote account on the Web. One nice feature that takes advantage of this seamless connection is Related Notes. At the bottom of every meal screen, the app shows you other notes in your Evernote account that it thinks are related based on location, time, or other factors.
Thanks to Android's robust, built-in sharing menu, you can use Evernote Food to send meal details to friends using pretty much any other social app you have installed. The app sends a unique URL, so any of your friends (Evernote users or not) can see a beautifully laid-out Web page with all of your meal details as well as the gallery of pictures you uploaded. This is a nice touch that I can see a lot of foodies taking advantage of.
So far, I'm impressed with Evernote Food for Android. It's easy to use, runs smoothly, and looks attractive with its use of the slick Android Action Bar up top. Also, its powerful meal-sharing tool is something that I can see catching on. Whether you eat out a lot or cook at home, if you love keeping track of your meals, Evernote Food is a must-have.
Evernote Food lets you capture, share and relive your memorable meals. Whether you're eating at home, at a restaurant, or embarking on a culinary adventure, use Evernote Food to remember all of your delicious experiences. Use Evernote Food to: - Remember the food and meals you love. - Snap and organize photos of your food, setting and fellow diners to make a beautiful photo essay of your meals. - Add a title, your location, tags, captions and additional notes about the experience. - Select or search for places, powered by Foursquare- Share meals with family and friends on Twitter and Facebook, or via old fashioned email. - See related content from your Evernote account right inside the Evernote Food app. - Browse through your meals or search for specific ones. - Automatically sync to your Evernote account, where you can access your meal notes from any computer or mobile device. Here are a few ideas to get you started: - Capture each course of your meals, along with photos of family and friends. - Document each step while preparing your favorite recipes. - Record interesting ingredients, product labels, wines, menus and recipes you come across. - Save food-related experiences while you're traveling and tasting new delicacies. - Track your food intake for fitness and dieting. Learn more: http://evernote.com/food/Follow Evernote Food on Twitter: twitter.com/evernoteRecent changes:1.0.4- Fixed sync bug1.0.3- Image searchEvernote makes text in your images searchable -- perfect for menus, wine labels, recipe photos, and more. Allow initial time for the meal to sync and process the images.- Improved look and feel for tablets- Numerous stability improvementsAnd don't forget to tap the options menu/overflow menu for options to attach images from your gallery, share meals, sync, and more.Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.1 includes bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Tom is back with an all new adventure!.
- Have one-stop application store for your Android.
- Use your Netflix account to access streaming movies and TV Show...
- "Baltimore Ravens News&Schedule" is a useful application for al...
- "Philadelphia Eagles News&Stats" is a useful application for al...
- Get free wireless with Wifi Hacker!.
- Watch free live Indian TV on your android device.
- My Diet for PKU helps to manage phenylketonuria diet by trackin...
- Design your style with the best scarf tying guide!.
- Talking Tom repeats everything you say with a funny voice.
- Lose weight easily with MyFitnessPal, the best calorie counter ...
- Create beautiful pictures out of any text and share them with y...
- Trick your friends that you can see them naked.
- Never miss a moment from your Favorites. Stay connected & exper...
- Share and explore delicious food photos submitted by your frien...
- Tom is back with an all new adventure!.
- Store and share your files on the go.
- Delicious, healthy & quick raw food recipes by chef & author Ma...
- Take note and remember everything, compatible on multiple devic...
- Log on to Food Lovers Online wherever you are!Eat all your favo...
- 2013 Big Ten Football Schedule.
- Schemer app to go with Google Schemer.
- A free app that helps you communicate visually with friends, co...
- The Foodies Guide to Florence.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content