The main idea behind Euphonics is to have a semi-automated harmony play along as you tap out a melody. Instructions in a nutshell:
1) Tap on a chord button to initiate chord playback.
2) Adjust the arpeggiator as you like.
3) Tap out a melody.
4) Change chords as you go along, repeating chord taps for more sophisticated basslines.
You can also record a chord progression for playback as a practice track while you jam along on your guitar or other instruments!
Visit our website at www.frozenape.com for demo videos, or follow this link: http://tinyurl.com/pdyfll
- Chords are held on a warm pad with the touch of a button, and remain held until the next chord change. Choose from the 7 triads within a selectable major (or its relative minor) key.
- Bass notes sound along with the chords, and can be triggered any time.
- A customizable arpeggiator loops eighth notes. The notes played are synced with the chords. For each note, select a tone from the chord: Root, 3rd, 5th or Octave. Set individual volume and pan for each note. Change the speed at which the arpeggiator plays by setting the tempo.
- Play your melody on a 3-octave sampled piano, visible one octave at a time. Tap multiple notes at a time, and bend pitches by dragging them. Tilt the device left and right to change the displayed range. Turn on non-diatonic tones to access the full range of notes.
- Set individual volumes for each layer via the Mixer.
- Turn on display of chord names and note divisions for better control over your playing.
- Record a song and play it back. Play over a recording to create a more complex piece, or play over chord changes to concentrate on the melody.
- Save and load multiple files
NOTE: For best results, use this app with headphones or speakers. The iPod touch's built-in speakers have a limited output and may not give satisfactory results.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you encounter any problems or if you have any suggestions.
What's new in this version:
- Added Touch Scroll playing mode where you traverse the keyboard by scrolling. Note that you cannot bend notes in this mode.