EduPhant is a PostgreSQL client targeted at both SQL novices and PostgreSQL developers.
The SQL query templates will allow the novices to quickly pick up the SQL syntax and logic, and they will jog the memory of the more advanced users. Plus they make it a breeze to rapidly construct your SQL queries through pointing and clicking rather than by typing. You can also store your own custom SQL templates.
Another great help with building queries is the ability to click on any item of the query results table or of the database overview table to quickly insert them in your queries without typing either. (And therefore without typos too!)
The help button contains links to the most essential PostgreSQL information on the internet, which will quickly make EduPhant the center of all your PostgreSQL related work.
EduPhant has support for STDIN and STDOUT, which is very rare.
The log shows you the inner workings of the PostgreSQL server, which is also a unique feature of EduPhant. Programmers just love it! And you can quickly hide it when you don't need it.
Another critical feature of EduPhant is its excellent support for text encodings. Most other SQL clients dumbly enter data in PostgreSQL in their operating system's default text encoding, regardless of the encoding in which your database has been defined. This results in corrupted data that isn't usable cross-platform or with other clients that do respect the text encodings like EduPhant. The corruption is most noticable with non-ASCII characters like an accented "e."
EduPhant is also one of the very few clients that supports UNICODE!
All this makes EduPhant probably the best and safest cross-platform client around for working with PostgreSQL. Oh, and did we mention it's free?
What's new in this version: Changes since 2.0b1: 2.0b1 wasn't a public release but was available a few days on our site for our own experimentation purposes. It had a 20 minutes limit on connection time with PostgreSQL and an expiration date which are now removed and a few other minor changes were made, especially to solve a problem with the Windows version.
Changes since 1.0b1: Version 2.0 is a major upgrade from version 1.0! There are many new features.
- The only known bug in 1.0b1 was that E... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Shoot out falling bubbles by making chains of three.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Russian localization of the Hotline client Frogblast.
- Shoot bubbles by making chains of three.
- File & directory compare & merge utility.