EasyFind is an alternative to or supplement of Spotlight and finds files, folders or contents in any file without the need for indexing. This is especially useful if you are tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices or if you are just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
- Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases
- No indexing, search immediately
- Finds invisible files and files inside packages (which Spotlight doesn't search)
- Displays the location of each file in a separate column
- Provides contextual menus and services
- Supports drag-and-drop
- Very responsive due to multithreading
- Uses little memory
What's new in this version:
The new version of EasyFind understand 'traditional' wildcards (again) when searching for file names and uses an updated internal service for communication with DEVONthink Pro (and up), and supports the simple '*' operators in phrases.